• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Cut trees today for a few hours, that's about it for this old man. Collecting rocks for the wife tomorrow and pulling down a widow maker, had to round up all the log chains.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Was she getting ready to put some "makeup" on Churchmouse????

Camo Sam.
    Deep undercover LT-6 operative.....:shady:[/QUOTE]

Those girls sure make me smile when I see their pictures, CM.

Tree that's broken and stuck up high, no safe way to bring it down from the base so I try shaking it from a distance with the tractor and some log chains.

Be careful, Leadeye. I hate when we have to use the chains and tractor to pull one down. The last one he was using a really long steel cable because he didn't have enough chains to be long enough as it was a huge tree and he wanted to make sure it wasn't going to land on him. He had it tied off trying to get it to fall in a particular direction. He started pulling with the tractor and the stupid cable snapped...tree did not land where he planned and almost got him. Dropping trees makes me nervous.

Congrats on the 26K GMan!

I got the back yard flower beds cleaned out today. Another 6 hours today. I think this is either the third or fourth day of working in flower beds. Another day or two and they will all be cleaned out at least once. Not as many leaves as last year, but it is fun to find what is growing and try to remember what I planted.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hi Frenchman

Hi Mom45

You're right Mom45, dangerous work, been lucky over the many years and never gotten hurt.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    All the dying Ash trees are the problem in my woods, the top 20-30 feet twist in the wind and then break, staying attached but flopping into another tree and hanging up.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    All the dying Ash trees are the problem in my woods, the top 20-30 feet twist in the wind and then break, staying attached but flopping into another tree and hanging up.

The oak wilt is creating a similar situation here. I think we finally have all the trees that we took down last summer split and stacked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom