• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I doubt this camera holds up too far into the s**t...

SIESTA KEY BEACH - LIVE

We love going to Siesta Key. Current track looks real bad for them. When we were there in September 2023, they were just fixing the beach at the condo we stay at from Ian in 2022. And that was from a 3-4' surge. 10-15' will be something else entirely. The average elevation there is 3'.

TheSpookyCat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2024
    NW Indy
    I doubt this camera holds up too far into the s**t...

SIESTA KEY BEACH - LIVE

We love going to Siesta Key. Current track looks real bad for them. When we were there in September 2023, they were just fixing the beach at the condo we stay at from Ian in 2022. And that was from a 3-4' surge. 10-15' will be something else entirely. The average elevation there is 3'.

That feed you posted is fascinating. Right now it’s so dark you can barely make anything out except when the lightning strikes.

How far inland can a 10-15 foot storm surge travel? I haven’t spent much time in Florida, but I don’t recall many natural flood barriers there.

After seeing the destruction up in the mountains of TN and the Carolinas I’m starting to realize nowhere is really safe from flooding, no matter the elevation.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    That feed you posted is fascinating. Right now it’s so dark you can barely make anything out except when the lightning strikes.

How far inland can a 10-15 foot storm surge travel? I haven’t spent much time in Florida, but I don’t recall many natural flood barriers there.

After seeing the destruction up in the mountains of TN and the Carolinas I’m starting to realize nowhere is really safe from flooding, no matter the elevation.
    If you keep watching the feed, that lifeguard shack will dissapear pretty soon. They drive an ATV out there with a trailer and haul them away before it gets bad.

I would imagine that in the Siesta Key area, you need to go across the bridge to the mainland and get a couple miles inland to get to a reliable+15' elevation.

You can click around this map to see the various elevations...

Sarasota topographic map

Top Bottom