Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Snap, how did you beat that combination? I had one round of pneumonia a couple of years ago and generous use of oregano oil got rid of it. This time, I have been fighting since September and keep going back and forth.

There was nothing to do for the flu because I was out of the window for Tamiflu. I'm taking antibiotics, decongestants, and expectorants for the coughing and wheezing.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mine probably do own me to some extent...which is why I had to go shopping for more half and half today. A gallon a week is getting to be a bit out of control...they need to kick the habit.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How did you get started with Alpacas Dave? That's certainly a unique animal.

About a year and a half ago, I met a lady who is a couple of years younger than me who was operating a booth at the covered bridge festival. We ended up talking about all kinds of things, including her mom's alpacas, which is the first introduction I had to them. Curiosity got to me, and I ended up bringing a dozen of them home, and now the mom in the aforementioned family does my shearing, takes me along for the occasional alpaca adventure, and is my go-to person when I get in trouble or just worried/concerned/scared. When I found my alpacas, it turned out that the first herd I looked at was the one, and found the sellers and their two little granddaughters to be great folks. We still keep in touch. They were happy to find a buyer to take all of them and understand basic animal raising practices, unlike a couple of knuckleheads who wanted to buy just one when they are not psychologically capable of being without at least one other alpaca. So, in the end, I ended up with not only alpacas but some really great friends.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    About a year and a half ago, I met a lady who is a couple of years younger than me who was operating a booth at the covered bridge festival. We ended up talking about all kinds of things, including her mom's alpacas, which is the first introduction I had to them. Curiosity got to me, and I ended up bringing a dozen of them home, and now the mom in the aforementioned family does my shearing, takes me along for the occasional alpaca adventure, and is my go-to person when I get in trouble or just worried/concerned/scared. When I found my alpacas, it turned out that the first herd I looked at was the one, and found the sellers and their two little granddaughters to be great folks. We still keep in touch. They were happy to find a buyer to take all of them and understand basic animal raising practices, unlike a couple of knuckleheads who wanted to buy just one when they are not psychologically capable of being without at least one other alpaca. So, in the end, I ended up with not only alpacas but some really great friends.
    :thumbsup:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

:yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom