Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    so a Mosin is a bit overkill? :D

Not so far as I am concerned. After I get moved and most of my territory will be down in a valley with no potential collateral damage, I plan to use the .30-40 Krag carbine in am in the process of building as my general farm gun. There is just something really cool about the way those old Krags go 'boom!'.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not so far as I am concerned. After I get moved and most of my territory will be down in a valley with no potential collateral damage, I plan to use the .30-40 Krag carbine in am in the process of building as my general farm gun. There is just something really cool about the way those old Krags go 'boom!'.

I've got an 1895 Winchester chambered in that, brass has been hard to find.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I'd like to see a bigger picture, close up.

1d1e3ecc-741b-4ade-bb3b-07cca4d6fff9_zps157c46b6.jpg

chee3.jpg

Attachments

• chee3.jpg
      chee3.jpg
      112.8 KB · Views: 3

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I've got an 1895 Winchester chambered in that, brass has been hard to find.

The way I figure, every couple of years either Winchester or Remington will make a big run of ammunition and flood the market, and I don't need it immediately. It isn't like I don't have other guns, or even have this one finished yet.

By the way, in the process of accumulating parts, I came to the realization that a Krag would be fine material for a really dandy .410 shotgun. All you would have to change is to rechamber and ream the barrel. The receiver would take a little work to make it feed from the magazine, but that is doable. Anyway, I have a house to fix up, fence to build, barns to build, farm equipment to fix, and by the time this is done, garden vegetables and fruits to put up, and according to the plan a cow to milk before I am likely to get around to the shotgun project, or maybe even finishing the carbine!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom