Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    You were CC'ing the gun right? Not the baby!

My daughters belt broke in Denver on the Jeep. She got lucky cause it broke a block away from a jeep dealership. Cost me $350. They towed it for nothing since it was so close. Belt had about 130,000 miles on it. Plus she takes it off road alot. Not sure how that effects a belt.

I change them every 80K on the caddies. This one was changed at 160K and I'm at 220K now.
    They claimed the Idler Arm Tensioner was frozen, which broke the belt. The $405 was for belt, Idler Arm & Labor.
    Car drove for 35 minutes after the belt broke until the battery died. 2 freaking miles from my destination.....:xmad:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I change them every 80K on the caddies. This one was changed at 160K and I'm at 220K now.
    They claimed the Idler Arm Tensioner was frozen, which broke the belt. The $405 was for belt, Idler Arm & Labor.
    Car drove for 35 minutes after the belt broke until the battery died. 2 freaking miles from my destination.....:xmad:
    My daughter said the belt was wore more on one side then the other. Hopefully now the belt won't be a problem for your anymore. My Dodge pick up had over 225,000 when I sold it. All highway miles. Ran like a top!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I will do whatever I can to help out, SAM.

I appreciate that. I'll sell some stuff off. Have been on a big kick to kick the credit card/loans habit and pay stuff off. I got over-extended during my 18 month lay-off 5 years ago and have been working on that debt since. When I get the credit card/loans paid off, I'm going completely cash from then on. That also means no new loans or CC charges except in a dire emergency.

I had that $400 in my checking account earmarked for some medical bills, they just won't get paid until the 15th paycheck.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My daughter said the belt was wore more on one side then the other. Hopefully now the belt won't be a problem for your anymore. My Dodge pick up had over 225,000 when I sold it. All highway miles. Ran like a top!

Yeah, I have almost 300K on my 2004 caddy that the wife drives. Still runs great but the shocks really need replaced. That's a $700 job...:noway: My newer caddy, the one that broke down yesterday runs great too, but has an issue with the headlights I have to have fixed, that's another minimum of $300.

This year has been crazy, between medical bills and car stuff, I have had surprise $300-$400 bills everytime I turn around. Anyone know tha winning Lotto numbers for Friday night.......:):

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I appreciate that. I'll sell some stuff off. Have been on a big kick to kick the credit card/loans habit and pay stuff off. I got over-extended during my 18 month lay-off 5 years ago and have been working on that debt since. When I get the credit card/loans paid off, I'm going completely cash from then on. That also means no new loans or CC charges except in a dire emergency.

I had that $400 in my checking account earmarked for some medical bills, they just won't get paid until the 15th paycheck.
    Credit cards can get out of control. I have none. My wife has a few. But we mostly pay cash. I'm excited about getting our last jeep payment out of the way and get the last house sold. Then we'll be debt free!!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom