• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm in for bulk 223 as well (not that you were asking).
    22 with 10/22 may be a little easier on the pocket book Jagee. I've got 22 I'd donate for a good cause (ie appleseed shoot)

:+1: Awesome!

Green tipped makes dents in steel. a little bird told me.

:laugh:

Not sure. It is usually by the hour, so I guess she is thinking his will take a little over an hour to finish.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.

Yeah, but I don't have a 10/22...I know people will loan me one, but I want to get better with my rifle before I get better with theirs.

Good point, I wasn't thinking about that the other day when considering an Appleseed

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Yeah, but I don't have a 10/22...I know people will loan me one, but I want to get better with my rifle before I get better with theirs.

Chezuki will loan you the one I loan him. :)
    A rifle is a rifle is a rifle... Sorta.
    When you do a KD, then a KNOWN rifle is a good thing. At 25 yd, you can get away with anything. Techres shot rifleman with a cricket (kept rounds in a wristband for reloading).
    Fundamentals apply regardless of what rifle you use.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Chezuki will loan you the one I loan him. :)
    A rifle is a rifle is a rifle... Sorta.
    When you do a KD, then a KNOWN rifle is a good thing. At 25 yd, you can get away with anything. Techres shot rifleman with a cricket (kept rounds in a wristband for reloading).
    Fundamentals apply regardless of what rifle you use.

We might have a .22 of some sort in the safe in Terre Haute, I'll have to check with gpa and see what he has that might work.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Not to downplay want to use YOUR rifle. I completely relate. It's not a bad thing at all.
    Guys that do it a lot, start to branch out and want to score with ANY rifle handed to them.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Most shoots have marlins or 10/22's to loan. but as an fyi, I have 2 10/22's ith adjustable stocks and gi slings. one with tech sights, the other scoped. Both are available for loan to anyone wanting to shoot a seed.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Most shoots have marlins or 10/22's to loan. but as an fyi, I have 2 10/22's ith adjustable stocks and gi slings. one with tech sights, the other scoped. Both are available for loan to anyone wanting to shoot a seed.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    .223 is a good solid round in an AR.
    5.56 Nato is a hotter mil-spec round and the rifle has to be chambered for it. The pressures are higher with the 5.56

"J" man. I am not sure when I will be at the 1500. CT-2 is rolling down to pick up an AR from me. It depends on when he will be here.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    5.56 Nato is a hotter mil-spec round and the rifle has to be chambered for it. The pressures are higher with the 5.56

"J" man. I am not sure when I will be at the 1500. CT-2 is rolling down to pick up an AR from me. It depends on when he will be here.

Thanks CM.

I've tried to rep you several times tonight, but alas I am all out :(

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    :rockwoot:Chocktaw! Comin to the 1500! It's a party!

a seed seems entirely too small to shoot, MaQ!

#DadJokes

Clearly you need to go to an applesed event
    lol.. Rifleman standard is just 4 moa. That's not all that small really.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

Cool. I thought about going to the 1500 but it would just be to drool...I has no $$$

If you want to do it Sat when you're done let me know. I'm in no rush though so whatever works for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Cool. I thought about going to the 1500 but it would just be to drool...I has no $$$

If you want to do it Sat when you're done let me know. I'm in no rush though so whatever works for you.

I am not sure how long I will be there either. Once the banter at the Ingo table dies down I will most likely pick up my steel and hit the door. To hang out would be seriously dangerous.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Clearly you need to go to an applesed event
    lol.. Rifleman standard is just 4 moa. That's not all that small really.

QFT

I consider myself "good" with a rifle...it's what I grew up on...I had great instruction from my uncle, but there is always room for improvement and I've heard nothing but good things

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I am not sure how long I will be there either. Once the banter at the Ingo table dies down I will most likely pick up my steel and hit the door. To hang out would be seriously dangerous.

The $$$ I'll be making on Sat will just pay back the Mrs. for the $$$ I borrowed to buy the new M&P. I need to get in on this gig more often...easy $150 for a few hours work on a Sat morning, makes for ammo and range time Sat afternoon :yesway:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

Bring just enough cash for parking and entrance fee. Maybe 5$ extra for jerky. Then yer golden. Credit card prices are always higher.
    Bobcat is right around the corner from the INGO booth. It's a short stint.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Bring just enough cash for parking and entrance fee. Maybe 5$ extra for jerky. Then yer golden. Credit card prices are always higher.

...and $20 to become a site supporter :stickpoke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I need to pay my site support fee. I feel like a leper and the 50 PM limit sucks butt.

Cash/check or Credit card.....:dunno:

Are you going to be there??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom