mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My duaghters mom works at Walmart to. The one on Grape Road. My daughter is at the one on CR6. The one an Grape should be a real zoo!! She is working in the AM,

Best of luck to your daughter! I don't envy any one working Black Friday!

Grape road is one place I avoid for the entire month of December! My daughter has worked retail for a few years now but I'm not sure she has dealt with the black Friday stuff she will see at Penneys. I used to work at the local Christmas tree farm decorating wreaths and other greenery, making centerpieces, etc. This is their CRAZY weekend...the whole weekend will be absolutely nuts. I usually worked 12-14 hours a day Fri-Sun when I was there, plus a lot of hours during the week. The last season I was there, I told them I only wanted part time and was more than happy to work all weekends but didn't want to work 7 days a week. I ended up averaging 70 hours a week From November 1st until Christmas. I don't miss it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Grape road is one place I avoid for the entire month of December! My daughter has worked retail for a few years now but I'm not sure she has dealt with the black Friday stuff she will see at Penneys. I used to work at the local Christmas tree farm decorating wreaths and other greenery, making centerpieces, etc. This is their CRAZY weekend...the whole weekend will be absolutely nuts. I usually worked 12-14 hours a day Fri-Sun when I was there, plus a lot of hours during the week. The last season I was there, I told them I only wanted part time and was more than happy to work all weekends but didn't want to work 7 days a week. I ended up averaging 70 hours a week From November 1st until Christmas. I don't miss it.

I hate shopping and have avoided Grape road for the last 6-7 years :-) It's one screw up mess!! I might go if i owned a tank :yesway: I used to work in retail about 20 years ago. It used to be fun. We were a privately own business so it wasn't so hectic.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well, house is cleaned up and the food put away...

That will be a Thanksgiving Dinner we will never forget.

Had the Cops & EMS at my Thanksgiving Party, I thought I was at one of Skulldaddy's parties for a minute....:):

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I hate shopping and have avoided Grape road for the last 6-7 years :-) It's one screw up mess!! I might go if i owned a tank :yesway: I used to work in retail about 20 years ago. It used to be fun. We were a privately own business so it wasn't so hectic.

Grape Road sucks anytime of the year. My company used to book me at the Fairfield Inn over behind Menards. I would hit Grape road to drive to that Indian restaurant and that's it.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

I only go to MWGE and that's as far north I go on grape

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Anyone have to work tomorrow? My wife does, and she's not happy about it.
    I am normally off on Fridays. I would go in... It is triple time for me. They got people (regulars that want to work) to cover so I will be at home most of the day. I can handle that. Need to check fluids on the truck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom