Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well gang, I'm back home. Came home to put up the food & clean up.

Looks like my Wife broke some ribs on the MIL while performing the Heimlich. MIL was choking bad, she was completely unconscious for 2 or 3 minutes and Wife had to do anything she could to get her breathing again. They were all still in the ER when I left, but I'm sure they will keep her at least overnight. They had a lot of concern she had also aspirated food into her lungs. Was waiting on her to come back from Radiology when I left.

There is a bright side to all of this. MIL has been in an assisted living center for 6 weeks since her stroke. She has been chomping at the bit to go home, but the wife & I kept telling her that she wasn't ready. Hopefully this will prove to her that she is not ready to live alone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well that was interesting.

89 yr old MIL, who is recovering from a stroke 6 weeks ago chocked during dinner. Stopped breathing while wife performed Heimlich. Unconscious for 2 or 3 minutes. Wife was able to get her breathing moments before the EMS gets here.

They are all heading over to the local emergency room. More news later...

Damn it Sam. Keep us apprised.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    :D

sunsig.JPG

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Looks like my Wife broke some ribs on the MIL while performing the Heimlich. MIL was choking bad, she was completely unconscious for 2 or 3 minutes and Wife had to do anything she could to get her breathing again. They were all still in the ER when I left, but I'm sure they will keep her at least overnight. They had a lot of concern she had also aspirated food into her lungs. Was waiting on her to come back from Radiology when I left.

There is a bright side to all of this. MIL has been in an assisted living center for 6 weeks since her stroke. She has been chomping at the bit to go home, but the wife & I kept telling her that she wasn't ready. Hopefully this will prove to her that she is not ready to live alone.

One has to do what one has to do.

I hope there isn't any food in the lungs. I pray the MiL isn't in to much pain and I hope your wife doesn't feel bad about breaking ribs

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Good thoughts that it's nothing serious, Sam.

Gonna go down and watch TV and have a wee piece of cheesecake. I made it to take to our friend's house today, and she sent it back home with us because they don't eat that kind of stuff. That's fine. I have been low-carbing for a long time. I deserve a treat.

BBL

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Gonna go down and watch TV and have a wee piece of cheesecake. I made it to take to our friend's house today, and she sent it back home with us because they don't eat that kind of stuff. That's fine. I have been low-carbing for a long time. I deserve a treat.

BBL
    Take care Snap :wavey:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio

What a day you had Sam! For sure the wife shouldn't feel bad about the ribs, she saved her life!! We're all hoping for your MIL to have a full recovery.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

BBL
    Enjoy your treat Snap.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The stock rear iron sight sucks. To change them requires a new forearm which is $$$. Unless someone came up with a rear sight that is level with the front.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio

What a day you had Sam! For sure the wife shouldn't feel bad about the ribs, she saved her life!! We're all hoping for your MIL to have a full recovery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom