mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Turkey soup is done! I'll take some to the neighbor tomorrow with some rolls. The news is showing some messy roads around South Bend with accidents and icy roads. I hope 1911 didn't have too far to travel.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sam, so sorry to hear about the MIL. Thankfully the wife knew what to do! Hope the MIL will be ok.

You snuck in! I was just wondering how your travels were today. Roads look a bit nasty up that way from what the news is showing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well gang, I'm back home. Came home to put up the food & clean up.

Looks like my Wife broke some ribs on the MIL while performing the Heimlich. MIL was choking bad, she was completely unconscious for 2 or 3 minutes and Wife had to do anything she could to get her breathing again. They were all still in the ER when I left, but I'm sure they will keep her at least overnight. They had a lot of concern she had also aspirated food into her lungs. Was waiting on her to come back from Radiology when I left.

There is a bright side to all of this. MIL has been in an assisted living center for 6 weeks since her stroke. She has been chomping at the bit to go home, but the wife & I kept telling her that she wasn't ready. Hopefully this will prove to her that she is not ready to live alone.
    Well take this and tell your wife. From someone who's had to do CPR on a younger and an older (male) person, if you don't break ribs your not doing it right or going deep enough with compressions. Performing the hymlic is about the same especialy for an older person. Your trying to bypass the biddies natural cage that protects the organs and beat the **** out of them for the desired result. Compressions heart pumping, hymlic lungs expelling the remaining air to force out the obstruction. Your wife saved her life plain and simple and there was no better way to do it. Ems would have broken the ribs if she hadn't. I hope that can give her some peace of mind about that.
    thoughts continue to be with you and your family sam!! I hope everything checks ok! If you need anything call (I have your name in my phone so I'll know it's you)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd say on just a regular day there's a 50/50 chance for a riot at walmart. So today and tomorrow I'd raise that to 80/20

The last 3 years I was in a service truck I took care of WalMart stores HVAC and Refrigeration systems. We were over flow responders as in what the Maint. Staff could not get to or did not want to get to. Basically overtime calls and the really difficult stuff. It never failed to get called out on Black Friday or Christmas eve. HGIH what a freaking zoo.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Turkey soup is done! I'll take some to the neighbor tomorrow with some rolls. The news is showing some messy roads around South Bend with accidents and icy roads. I hope 1911 didn't have too far to travel.
    The roads are crappy! I had to go to Oceola (Near Elkhart). Visibility was about 75 yards at times! Everyone be safe!! We made it home fine but I did slide a few times.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My daughter is working her first ever Black Friday at Wally World. It will be interesting to see what she says.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The roads are crappy! I had to go to Oceola (Near Elkhart). Visibility was about 75 yards at times! Everyone be safe!! We made it home fine but I did slide a few times.

There were some pictures of the road over by 19 that looked pretty nasty. Lots of slide offs I guess. We don't even have an inch here and my son left at least two hours ago. Should be home by now or very soon. I told him to text me, but I see he was on FB already so I hope that means he was home and not driving. I'll message him in a bit if I don't hear from him. He has a lot of food to put away...that cooler was full. I added some stuff from our freezer to go with his leftovers.

My daughter is working her first ever Black Friday at Wally World. It will be interesting to see what she says.

Mine is at Penney's tonight and will be there tomorrow afternoon. At least she doesn't have to deal with the early morning craziness when everyone is after the black Friday deals early. They warned her that the store will look like a disaster tonight and they all need to stay to help get everything in order for tomorrow.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    BTW-my cats let me sleep in this morning. Woke up with the trouble maker sitting 6 inches from my head and staring at me.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    There were some pictures of the road over by 19 that looked pretty nasty. Lots of slide offs I guess. We don't even have an inch here and my son left at least two hours ago. Should be home by now or very soon. I told him to text me, but I see he was on FB already so I hope that means he was home and not driving. I'll message him in a bit if I don't hear from him. He has a lot of food to put away...that cooler was full. I added some stuff from our freezer to go with his leftovers.

Mine is at Penney's tonight and will be there tomorrow afternoon. At least she doesn't have to deal with the early morning craziness when everyone is after the black Friday deals early. They warned her that the store will look like a disaster tonight and they all need to stay to help get everything in order for tomorrow.

My duaghters mom works at Walmart to. The one on Grape Road. My daughter is at the one on CR6. The one an Grape should be a real zoo!! She is working in the AM,

Best of luck to your daughter! I don't envy any one working Black Friday!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom