mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm very sure of that. But, it is lonesome and you miss them!

We miss him, but it helps to have the rest of them still here. We were discussing earlier that none of the others seem to notice he is even gone. When Punkin disappeared a year ago, Lilly missed him terribly. They arrived here together as kittens and slept curled up together and spent 90% of their time together. She attached herself to my husband when Punkin went missing and still doesn't get far from him. If something happens to her, it will be very bad. He gets very attached to all of them, but she is special. We've had some pretty traumatic cat losses here in the last few years. It just never gets easier. Knowing that Lucky was old and not having him get killed in any sort of tragedy makes it a little easier to accept. We had one that was smashed under the garage door...that was (at the time) hubby's favorite cat and that was a very, very bad day. He was so depressed. That garage door opener was replaced immediately with one with the sensors. That was the first cat to get his own headstone with his name chiseled into it by my husband. I'm not sure what hurts me worse...losing the cats or watching him deal with the losses.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    We miss him, but it helps to have the rest of them still here. We were discussing earlier that none of the others seem to notice he is even gone. When Punkin disappeared a year ago, Lilly missed him terribly. They arrived here together as kittens and slept curled up together and spent 90% of their time together. She attached herself to my husband when Punkin went missing and still doesn't get far from him. If something happens to her, it will be very bad. He gets very attached to all of them, but she is special. We've had some pretty traumatic cat losses here in the last few years. It just never gets easier. Knowing that Lucky was old and not having him get killed in any sort of tragedy makes it a little easier to accept. We had one that was smashed under the garage door...that was (at the time) hubby's favorite cat and that was a very, very bad day. He was so depressed. That garage door opener was replaced immediately with one with the sensors. That was the first cat to get his own headstone with his name chiseled into it by my husband. I'm not sure what hurts me worse...losing the cats or watching him deal with the losses.

I understand how he feels, same with Buffy and I.
    But I would trade those years for anything

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom