• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Yep thats it!! and it is a pain in the butt!! You can not uninstall it!! at least I couldn't!! I just planed on having our computer guy fix it!! I messed with it for about an hour!! what peed me off was Mcafee did not pick it up!! I wont be renewing with them!! :D
    Usually a trojan is attached to a link or something. you actually let in when you open the link. That's why virus protection doesn't pick it up.
    They suck.:xmad:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Jim..the only way I have ever been able to do it is to completely restore the computer to "factory" which sucks because you loose everything that is not backed up on disc..and still you may not get rid of it.
    I'll send you a PM with a good program that may get rid of it..I gotta find it first.
    You wanna come over and give it a try? You know I suck at that stuff.
    I'd rather fix your car than fix a 'puter.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have Norton and I guess it didn't pick it up either.

I work at the Helpdesk at Rose-Hulman. We see that virus all the time, too. We use Microsoft Forefront as our official Institute antivirus, but it doesn't stop this virus either.

I'll tell you, though, a lot of the problems with viruses can be prevented by having good computer situational awareness. I've never gotten a virus on any of my PCs and I don't even use antivirus stuff. As evidenced, there will always be a virus that can get around antivirus software, so the best way is to just be your own antivirus.

Or... (not being a fanboy this time) buy a Mac. The fact is that there aren't any self-installing, self-propogating viruses, trojans, worms, or other malware for Macs. Whether you wanna claim it is only because Macs constitute such a small percentage of the market or not, the fact is, they still don't have viruses. And until they start having problems like Windows does, it's worth it to just get a Mac and stop worrying about viruses.

ETA - Honorable mention to Linux for being virus-free, too. But I wouldn't recommend a Linux system for a non-computer-savvy person. It's gotten a lot better, but I still don't recommend it yet.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I work at the Helpdesk at Rose-Hulman. We see that virus all the time, too. We use Microsoft Forefront as our official Institute antivirus, but it doesn't stop this virus either.

I'll tell you, though, a lot of the problems with viruses can be prevented by having good computer situational awareness. I've never gotten a virus on any of my PCs and I don't even use antivirus stuff. As evidenced, there will always be a virus that can get around antivirus software, so the best way is to just be your own antivirus.

Or... (not being a fanboy this time) buy a Mac. The fact is that there aren't any self-installing, self-propogating viruses, trojans, worms, or other malware for Macs. Whether you wanna claim it is only because Macs constitute such a small percentage of the market or not, the fact is, they still don't have viruses. And until they start having problems like Windows does, it's worth it to just get a Mac and stop worrying about viruses.
    I have been though this before and thought I knew better, but yet again I must of clicked on something to let it in. If I get it fixed, I'm not going to click on links anymore cause I think thats where them trojans are coming from.
    I just got this laptop about a year ago, but next time around will be Mac!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I could not even restore my computer to another date!! it stops everything that I tried to do to get rid of it!! and every time you shut down and and restart it starts all over again!! :xmad:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have some ants to deal with.

buy a ant eater:dunno:

Ant_Eater.jpg

Last edited:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Please, someone point me back to this thread next time I decide to have a "night out". Holy shnit. I hate, hate, hate hangovers. I'd never be able to be a drunk. That being said, I had a great night last night....until this morning. And then, I just fell UP the stairs. Thank goodness I have a baby sitter for today. Whoa.

Sorry about the drunken blabber.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom