• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This is my response to your second to last post Relic, but for some reason I'm getting a parse error when I to quote you:

Or just not tell her about the $50 altogether.:dunno:

$50 should be able to buy you a few rounds of x39.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This is my response to your second to last post Relic, but for some reason I'm getting a parse error when I to quote you:

Or just not tell her about the $50 altogether.:dunno:

$50 should be able to buy you a few rounds of x39.

You must not have been holding your mouth right :@ya:

Heh, I got the same parse error when I tried to submit reply... wierd...

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    If that stuff is all "original" equipment, then I believe you are ok. It has to do with how much is "stock" or "original" and how much you add on later. Look around on this site:
    Survivor's SKS Boards - Index
    Lots and lots of info on SKS in general, and everything you want to know about making/keeping them legal.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are curly braces in Relic's post. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say removing those (or adding appropriate escape characters) would allow you to quote him.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    IDK about the mags..it doesnt have any with it so I cant tell..but the mag well has a long groove in it just infront of where the main part of the mag goes. and not its not a thumb hole stock. the scope looks like it was imported with it on there..the import markings are on the scope base..the scope is setting ontop of the receiver and it looks like the mount it part of the receiver..I couldnt find anywhere where it was bolted on:dunno:
    IDK very little about SKS rifles but isnt there some sort of law prohibiting how much stuff you can have on the rifle? since its got detacable mags,heat shroud,scope and bayo..does that still comply 922{r}? I cant find any info

Probably has just the duckbill mags then. If you want a fixed 10rnder and another wood stock to tinker with I'll bring them to the shoot. I've got the tapco stock and mags on mine. Also, I'd lose the receiver mount and scope as they are, 99% of the time, junk. You may be lucky and that one not lose zero after the second shot, but don't hold your breath. :):

As far as being 922r compliant, if it was imported with all that on it, you're good to go. Even with detachable mags since most detachable steel mags are imported.

The bad thing about the steel detachable mags is that more often than not they will have feeding problems. It's usually a problem with them being too loose, but sometimes it's a feed-lip issue. The tapco mags do not have this problem. The only thing with tapco mags is that you may have to sand off burrs in the plastic to get them to feed. That's usually the first thing I do when I get them is to look for any plastic that's sticking out inside the mag.

In order to use the tapco mags, though, you may have to sand the magwell inside the original stock to get it to fit. If you choose instead to replace the stock, you also have to replace the gas piston and tube and you become 922r compliant.

It seems overwhelming, I know, but really it's not. Tapco sells the T-6/Fusion stocks with compliant kits that you can usually find for less than $100 and, IMHO, it's well worth it.

Ok, enough about guns. :) Anyone wanna help me rearrange my garage? :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    First post: "You know the drill..post as many worthless post/status updates as you can before the thread gets locked."

Not saying you are, but we've had a rash of people come and post 50 one-liner posts just to get into the classifieds. Threads like these do not count toward "quality posts" and if you end up making a bunch of one-liner posts without any "quality", they'll get deleted.

It's just a way to keep trolls from spamming the board to get into the classifieds. I hope you understand.

It would really help if you could read the elusive and almost non-existent INGO FAQ. :D Personally, I think it's a myth, but some here claim to have read it. :):

Oh, and BTW, Welcome to INGO!!!! :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not saying you are, but we've had a rash of people come and post 50 one-liner posts just to get into the classifieds. Threads like these do not count toward "quality posts" and if you end up making a bunch of one-liner posts without any "quality", they'll get deleted.

It's just a way to keep trolls from spamming the board to get into the classifieds. I hope you understand.

It would really help if you could read the elusive and almost non-existent INGO FAQ. :D Personally, I think it's a myth, but some here claim to have read it. :):

Such a kind post for someone that was up in the middle of the night. :)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I have learned today that my throat is not ready for me to be talking a lot. 3 1/2 more hours, hopefully the guys can handle it without my voice.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Probably has just the duckbill mags then. If you want a fixed 10rnder and another wood stock to tinker with I'll bring them to the shoot. I've got the tapco stock and mags on mine. Also, I'd lose the receiver mount and scope as they are, 99% of the time, junk. You may be lucky and that one not lose zero after the second shot, but don't hold your breath. :):

As far as being 922r compliant, if it was imported with all that on it, you're good to go. Even with detachable mags since most detachable steel mags are imported.

The bad thing about the steel detachable mags is that more often than not they will have feeding problems. It's usually a problem with them being too loose, but sometimes it's a feed-lip issue. The tapco mags do not have this problem. The only thing with tapco mags is that you may have to sand off burrs in the plastic to get them to feed. That's usually the first thing I do when I get them is to look for any plastic that's sticking out inside the mag.

In order to use the tapco mags, though, you may have to sand the magwell inside the original stock to get it to fit. If you choose instead to replace the stock, you also have to replace the gas piston and tube and you become 922r compliant.

It seems overwhelming, I know, but really it's not. Tapco sells the T-6/Fusion stocks with compliant kits that you can usually find for less than $100 and, IMHO, it's well worth it.

Ok, enough about guns. :) Anyone wanna help me rearrange my garage? :D

I think I'll find a fixed 10rnder to stick in it and just use stripper clips.
    other than that I want to leave the rifle just as it sits as I have never seen an SKS in such good condition. the mount looks very solid!..plus it has the import info on the mount so I doubt it'll be legal to remove it:dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think I'll find a fixed 10rnder to stick in it and just use stripper clips.
    other than that I want to leave the rifle just as it sits as I have never seen an SKS in such good condition. the mount looks very solid!..plus it has the import info on the mount so I doubt it'll be legal to remove it:dunno:

I'm pretty sure you'd be ok to remove it. If it does stay in place, keep it. Keep it forever. It'll make that rifle WORTH $400 if it's in such good shape AND can keep zero. Look forward to seeing it at the shoot! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom