lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    How smashed is it?
    Did they get it back together?
    I pulled it out when I felt pressure. I was wearing leather gloves so I think that helped. It's a little swollen and there are a couple small blood blisters, but I can still feel it and it doesn't feel broken. This isn't the first time I've smashed my finger at work, but this one was a bit scary.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    A finger between steel and 4000lbs of more steel is not fun. I thought I was going to leave work with a nub :n00b:

Oh :poop:! How is your finger? Was it completely smashed or was there extra room between the 2 pieces of steel?

Edit: Sweet, you still have your finger.

BTW, if you don't have a crooked finger or two, you haven't really lived life. :):

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    What a worthless day I have had. Spent the whole day swapping parts from one car to the other. So now I have a wrecked 1979 blue and white Camaro and a POS 1981 blue and white Camaro. Trying to make one good one out the two and get rid of the other one.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    What a worthless day I have had. Spent the whole day swapping parts from one car to the other. So now I have a wrecked 1979 blue and white Camaro and a POS 1981 blue and white Camaro. Trying to make one good one out the two and get rid of the other one.
    But you did make it to wally world and get us 800 rounds of 9 milly ammo!:rockwoot:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Oh :poop:! How is your finger? Was it completely smashed or was there extra room between the 2 pieces of steel?

Edit: Sweet, you still have your finger.

BTW, if you don't have a crooked finger or two, you haven't really lived life. :):
    Well, the load was suspended with the crane. I was paying more attention to the balance of the load than where my hand was :rolleyes: It was a stupid mistake that turned out pretty well considering what could have happened. I felt a pinch and pulled up instantly. My finger was between the suspended load and a vertical support. No blood, no broken bones (as far as I can tell), and I can move it freely.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I had a co worker blow the end of a finger out with a 3 lb. hammer.
    It was nasty.

Slightly different than the subject(smashing), but I watched my buddy split his thumb in half (thumbnail on up) with a nail press. Pretty F-ing nasty as well.

But you did make it to wally world and get us 800 rounds of 9 milly ammo!:rockwoot:

Wow, that's a LOT of ammo for Wally World to have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom