• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have carpet, and I hate cleaning up after him on muddy days. At least I HOPE that's mud I'm cleaning up. I'd like to get a hardwood floor. I enjoy playing tug-o-war with my dog. Normally I play fetch with him with his black kong toy. That's like the best toy ever. I bought one of those heavy rubber tires from the pet store, he loves that thing a lot too.

That heavy rubber tire is Leonidas' favorite toy and mine too(the only thing he doesn't tear up in less than a day). He has a kong toy, but he doesn't like it for some reason...The only way he'll play with it is if I smear peanut butter in their, but his tongue is about 4 feet long so he gets it out pretty quick.

When we play fetch, we play with a dog tennis ball(they are solid rubber in the middle to prevent him from chewing it up on the way back from retrieving it) because I can launch that thing about 50-60 yards.

What is the energy level on Rotts? I know they need exercise, because they are prone to obesity, but if you never took one out to play, what would he/she be like in the house?

I missed crawfish season again this year :xmad:, a big ol mess of crawfish, sweet corn, sausage, potatos and some cold beers.

that's living boy, I tell you what

Indeed brother!

I'm about to have a boil this weekend...Shrimp, crab legs, crawfish, potatoes, sausage and corn, boiled in a cajun seasoning(can't think of the name, but it's the best). MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Indeed brother!

I'm about to have a boil this weekend...Shrimp, crab legs, crawfish, potatoes, sausage and corn, boiled in a cajun seasoning(can't think of the name, but it's the best). MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

That sounds absolutely wonderful. I was introduced to crawfish while in Mississippi by a guy I was stationed with. He was from Baton Rouge and he hooked it up.

I think I was in heaven for the next three days, awesome

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Why is it parents still worry when the kids are all grown up? Sent my youngest daughter off on a new adventure, for her, tonight and I am a nervous nelly. Will be until she lands in Virginia tonight at 11:41pm.

One down, second half gone. :40oz:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What's she heading there for?

her best friend got married and moved there a few months ago. Sara being the good friend she is, decided to take a few days off work and go see her. I've seen her more tonight than I have in weeks and all I was needed for was to drop her off at the airport and store her car here. :rolleyes:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    her best friend got married and moved there a few months ago. Sara being the good friend she is, decided to take a few days off work and go see her. I've seen her more tonight than I have in weeks and all I was needed for was to drop her off at the airport and store her car here. :rolleyes:

Haha, my youngest is only 5, so I can't say I can relate, but I'm sure I'll understand one day.

Is this daughter not the same one with the :poop:head boyfriend trying to talk her out of the Navy/Air Force? I'm guessing not, but are they close in age?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Haha, my youngest is only 5, so I can't say I can relate, but I'm sure I'll understand one day.

Is this daughter not the same one with the :poop:head boyfriend trying to talk her out of the Navy/Air Force? I'm guessing not, but are they close in age?

different Mom and daughter. My girls know enough to NOT want to go into the military. We have a son in law that just returned from Afghanistan.
    My youngest is 7.... and yes, one day you will understand.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    different Mom and daughter. My girls know enough to NOT want to go into the military. We have a son in law that just returned from Afghanistan.
    My youngest is 7.... and yes, one day you will understand.

Oh, so that's your current Hubby's daughter? I must have missed that part in the "things I'm tired of" thread.

Yeah, one day I will understand and I'm sure it'll feel like it happened way too fast.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well i finaly decided to make it official, so i sent in my site supporter fees the other day. looking foreward to seeing "site suporter" under my name. i figured id give it a while before i took the plunge so thats why i waited. but im hooked.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That heavy rubber tire is Leonidas' favorite toy and mine too(the only thing he doesn't tear up in less than a day). He has a kong toy, but he doesn't like it for some reason...The only way he'll play with it is if I smear peanut butter in their, but his tongue is about 4 feet long so he gets it out pretty quick.

When we play fetch, we play with a dog tennis ball(they are solid rubber in the middle to prevent him from chewing it up on the way back from retrieving it) because I can launch that thing about 50-60 yards.

What is the energy level on Rotts? I know they need exercise, because they are prone to obesity, but if you never took one out to play, what would he/she be like in the house?

I think he's just like any other dog. It depends on his mood. Most times he just wants to lay around and sleep. They enjoy cuddling sometimes. Loves to eat, normally he's real lazy. Now other times, he's so hyper it drives me crazy. They get the zoomies. It's called the Rottweiler Zoomies. For no
    reason at all, they like to just run around at full speed
    until they drop. Now compared to a German Shepard, Rotts are
    very lazy.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    well i finaly decided to make it official, so i sent in my site supporter fees the other day. looking foreward to seeing "site suporter" under my name. i figured id give it a while before i took the plunge so thats why i waited. but im hooked.

Congrats, I basically for the first 6 months on here just lurked, then from Jan to March I was getting involved to the point that I felt it was necessary to support the cause. Fenway has put on a great venue here for use, al we have to do is keep ourselves in check and don't let people who have smoking 357's bait us.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Oh, so that's your current Hubby's daughter? I must have missed that part in the "things I'm tired of" thread.

Yeah, one day I will understand and I'm sure it'll feel like it happened way too fast.

girls are from my first hubby. son is from current hubby (his only).
    yes it goes to fast, way to fast.

ETA I think I just mixed this one to strong..

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Congrats, I basically for the first 6 months on here just lurked, then from Jan to March I was getting involved to the point that I felt it was necessary to support the cause. Fenway has put on a great venue here for use, al we have to do is keep ourselves in check and don't let people who have smoking 357's bait us.

I have a 357 magnum.... :dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I think he's just like any other dog. It depends on his mood. Most times he just wants to lay around and sleep. They enjoy cuddling sometimes. Loves to eat, normally he's real lazy. Now other times, he's so hyper it drives me crazy. They get the zoomies. It's called the Rottweiler Zoomies. For no
    reason at all, they like to just run around at full speed
    until they drop. Now compared to a German Shepard, Rotts are
    very lazy.

Yeah, Leo does a lot of laying around, but if he doesn't get a healthy dose of daily exercise, he's just constantly all up in everyone grill; no "zoomies," just a wet nose pushing up on your arm saying, "get me outside now, so I can play fetch!" His ToW rope gets put in the closet, because regardless of how tired he is, if he sees it, he's putting it on someone's lap until they play or it gets put back up...Way too much energy.:rolleyes:

I've almost got him fully trained to go get his leash and bring it to someone when he needs to relieve himself, but he'll still brings it sometimes if he just feels like playing.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, Leo does a lot of laying around, but if he doesn't get a healthy dose of daily exercise, he's just constantly all up in everyone grill; no "zoomies," just a wet nose pushing up on your arm saying, "get me outside now, so I can play fetch!" His ToW rope gets put in the closet, because regardless of how tired he is, if he sees it, he's putting it on someone's lap until they play or it gets put back up...Way too much energy.:rolleyes:

I've almost got him fully trained to go get his leash and bring it to someone when he needs to relieve himself, but he'll still brings it sometimes if he just feels like playing.

WOW! How did you teach him the leash thing? That's awesome! I have an invisible fence around my house. So when he's driving me nuts I send him outside by himself to run it out. A lot of the time, Barney Fife will walk to the door, then over to me and lay his head on my chest, wanting to go outside.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom