• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I just found a dead mouse on my kitchen counter...The poison is working, but it's not exactly convenient.:rolleyes:

I actually caught several mice in a kitchen before by taping a piece of thin cardboard to the counter that extended out over the floor. I put a glob of peanut butter out on the end of it and a large empty trash can under it. They would venture out for the PB, the cardboard would bend and drop them in the trash can!

Admittedly, this trapping method is not very convenient either, but it is good for a laugh. Just make sure to use a tall trash can, you'd be surprised how high those suckers can jump!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It was the Indianapolis Children's Museum. I think that locator beacons with a GPS is a good idea if you have multiple kids. Also, it amazed me how many people seem to think its everyone else's job to watch their kids so they could talk to somebody:rolleyes:

Um yeah, they **** me off a LOT worse than the misbehaving kids.

I, for one, actually care about my child and wouldn't dare let him out of my sight in that mad house...A place like that is a kidnapper's/child molester's wet dream.

We have a childrens museum in Evansville?

Home - Koch Family Children's Museum Of Evansville

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I actually caught several mice in a kitchen before by taping a piece of thin cardboard to the counter that extended out over the floor. I put a glob of peanut butter out on the end of it and a large empty trash can under it. They would venture out for the PB, the cardboard would bend and drop them in the trash can!

Admittedly, this trapping method is not very convenient either, but it is good for a laugh. Just make sure to use a tall trash can, you'd be surprised how high those suckers can jump!

Did you use an outdoor trash can? I've seen a mouse clear ~3 feet before.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

Buy a real mouse trap for goodness sake....there is nothing better than hearing the snap of the trap and breaking the little bastards neck

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I saw an older mouse trap once that seemed pretty cool. It was a miniature cannon with a splatter shield that would kill the mouse from the concussion. There was no projectile, just concussion from the powder going off.

I don't know what it was called and can't find a picture for the life of me.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Did you use an outdoor trash can? I've seen a mouse clear ~3 feet before.

It was taller than 3 feet, but not by much.

Buy a real mouse trap for goodness sake....there is nothing better than hearing the snap of the trap and breaking the little bastards neck

Maybe, but can a spring trap catch 5 mice in one night without doing anything else to it? :):

No kidding, I got up one morning and had 5 of the little buggers in there!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I saw an older mouse trap once that seemed pretty cool. It was a miniature cannon with a splatter shield that would kill the mouse from the concussion. There was no projectile, just concussion from the powder going off.

I don't know what it was called and can't find a picture for the life of me.

Not sure I'd want to use a trap that required a splatter shield. Sounds messy...and kinda loud!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Not sure I'd want to use a trap that required a splatter shield. Sounds messy...and kinda loud!

its really not messy, its more or less to help with the concussion and keeping the mouse close. Its a little bigger than the little cannon you have, but not by much.

There is no projectile so there isn't really a mess. It'd be like a flashbang going off next to your head.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    It was taller than 3 feet, but not by much.

Maybe, but can a spring trap catch 5 mice in one night without doing anything else to it? :):

No kidding, I got up one morning and had 5 of the little buggers in there!

I believe that is the time you look at how they are getting in and maybe invest in an exterminator.:twocents:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Before recently, I had no idea that they scramble to get out of the trap for 20-30 seconds before they run out of air or bleed out.

I always thought it killed them instantly.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Of course I don't have too many problems with mice because of our cat!! :D

cougar5.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom