• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I've been thinking about getting some throwing knives too, along with a couple of tomahawks. Never had any before so I really don't know much about them.
    Tomahawks are fun!
    But it seems they use to be a thing for a select few..not many people seen much practical use for them and the only ones who seemed to own them where the old school throwers. but ever since the tomahawk was introduced in that call of duty video game it seems everyone under the age of 30 wants one..which has turned them into a "tacticool" novelty. but on the other hand it has also made alot of people see how fun throwing them is.:dunno:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Tomahawks are fun!
    But it seems they use to be a thing for a select few..not many people seen much practical use for them and the only ones who seemed to own them where the old school throwers. but ever since the tomahawk was introduced in that call of duty video game it seems everyone under the age of 30 wants one..which has turned them into a "tacticool" novelty. but on the other hand it has also made alot of people see how fun throwing them is.:dunno:

Although I've never really gotten in to them before, I can see a lot of practical advantages. Outside of the "fun" factor, its never a bad thing to have some skills with other types of weapons. You can throw all day long and not have to buy any more ammo! I can also set up a log in the back yard for throwing without breaking any laws. :yesway:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I will keep those SOG knives in mind when I shop for the knives, but I'm still gonna see what I can find looking around otherwise. Still prefer made in the U.S.

I'm still waiting on word about the tomahawk group buy. I wanted one a long time before it came out on Call of Duty, lol.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    e3b185b094eaa3ffe74c5f13a4359a77.gif

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    That's good to hear Mrs. G! I'm glad you're having a good morning!

I think I'm finally gonna go get some sleep. I wanna try to get up early later. My cyl head should be done today and I wanna get a good start on getting the car together.

Have a good day everyone!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Sounds like a good morning for you MrsG!

Don't have to work but I do have to go to sprint and pitch a fit. Phone I've had maybe 4 or 5 mths won't charge and I use my cell phone to much not to be able to charge it. Charging port is loose and this is the second time on this same model of phone. I don't think I've had this style phone for a year and this is the second time they've needed to replace it.

Everyone else doing fine?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Sounds like you just need a different model of phone. Well, good luck and give 'em hell!

but I like this phone. I can see and read most everything on it with my granny eyes. I am due an upgrade but I don't really want to do that. The next step up is the HTC EVO. Good and very similar to what I have but drains a battery really fast.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    yep, there are actually a lot of things you can turn off on the Evo to get a decent battery life out of it. But I think its dumb they charge you an extra $10 a month for a 4G capable phone when you aren't in a 4G market.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    yep, there are actually a lot of things you can turn off on the Evo to get a decent battery life out of it. But I think its dumb they charge you an extra $10 a month for a 4G capable phone when you aren't in a 4G market.

I did not know that and I have talked to them about it too. I need to move and shower and head out the door. Just can't seem to do it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom