HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    have you tried kicking it?:dunno:

btw: I watched avatar last night...was pleasantly surprised:yesway: good flick:)

This made me LOL :D

Got me, have you checked all of your settings? Other than that does anyone near you have a BR player that you can check the disk to make sure it's not defective?

I guess that will be my next step!! but no one close to me has one so it will have to wait!!:D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I just wondered if there was something I was missing!! It seems like I should be able to just drop it in and it will play or give me an option to play like the DVD does.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    OK all you guys with a Blue ray player I need some input!! I bought my first Blue ray disk in the Avatar movie, Luckily I bought the one that had the BR and the DVD the DVD plays fine but the BR doesn't do anything!! I have a sharp Blue ray player and HDMI from it to the TV and as I said the DVD plays in the same player just fine but nothing with the BR any one have any suggestions??? Thanks in advance. :D

Sell the BR and keep the DVD. :D

Just buy a Mac.

Er, wait. Wrong thing...

I mean.. shoulda just got a PS3 for your BD player!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think it should... its not upside down is it?

Check this, ^^^^it can be done, I've got usually got the lights down low since I have a projector and need as little as ambient light as possible for a great image.

I have a Panasonic so can't help out with menu functions on it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Going to get Avatar tomorrow when I come home from PT, me and my buddy ComputerGeek will microwave some:popcorn: and crank up the 7.1 and enjoy!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I think it should... its not upside down is it?

Just buy a Mac.

Er, wait. Wrong thing...

I mean.. shoulda just got a PS3 for your BD player!

Check this, ^^^^it can be done, I've got usually got the lights down low since I have a projector and need as little as ambient light as possible for a great image.

I have a Panasonic so can't help out with menu functions on it.

I didn't think of that but I put it in label up, unless BR plays from the top and not the bottom I would think I did it right!!!. Thanks guys for all the help, INGO is great and you guys are the best even if Jbird guy does not think so!! :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Going to get Avatar tomorrow when I come home from PT, me and my buddy ComputerGeek will microwave some:popcorn: and crank up the 7.1 and enjoy!

It is by far one of the top three movies ever, I have watched it about ten times now and could watch it again anytime, you just don't get tired of it, but you do have to watch it if you miss certain parts of it from getting up for pop corn it will not flow for you, any way great movie!!! :rockwoot::D

and it is great in 7.1 makes you feel like your in the movie!! :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I'd actually trust most anyone in this thread.

There rep does have meaning to me.

I'd confidently sell a firearm or have confidence in most any kind of deal with the folks in this thread.

Well, I agree that I'd trust most of you guys.
    But I'd do that even without the rep you've got, having met you and Jimbo and Kris and Mudcat and DailyLC and JWalt...

You guys rock pretty hard.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Ya, he hit me for #8201 Nice little comment to. Edited it, because since he is one, thinks everyone else is also. He has no concept of humor.

J-NegRep.jpg

Well he must have thought you were a limp di** because he gave me rep for "Supporting" you. :laugh::laugh:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, Avatar was AWESOME. We bought it, but it was better in 3D at the movies. :)

BTW, Hollywood video is going out of business here in Plainfield. They have console games and movies from $1-$10. You can even buy a safe, fixtures, TV's, etc. It's CRAZY. It's been picked clean of NEW movies, but you can still find a TON of awesome flicks for next to nothing.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    King Post whore is BACK! What's up fellas?? Just got back from pulling the last of our boxes from storage. I can finally get pictures of the W/D combo, couch, and file cabinet. :) If anyone needs any of those, let me know. I'll hook you up before they go to the garage sale. The W/D combo is an older whirlpool model, but they still work like new. I just don't need them and they gotta go. Couch is a Hide-a-Bed model. Blue with some red in it. Not the purdiest couch, but it's comfy and has a bed in it. The File cabinet is a small two-drawer cabinet but served us well.

Got a few other things out there too. :D I'll get pics and throw them up in the classifieds tomorrow.

That's really food news SE but what we all really want to know is did you manage to get in and out of the storage unit without the PPD Swat Team being deployed? :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Well he must have thought you were a limp di** because he gave me rep for "Supporting" you. :laugh::laugh:

This is the 3rd or 4th time he has ether posted this stuff in a thread or stated his own thread complaining about this, but yet has said he would much rather spend his time reading worth while posts!! but yet has spent the last three or four days doing nothing but posting complaints about posts he doesn't care to read, it just don't make sense to me!! creating what he does not like read, I think if you looked up the definition of a troll a picture of him would be there. :D

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have heard TONS of people say that avatar is awesome. I am one of those guys that isnt crazy about movies that are totally fictional like star trek and stuff like that, but literally EVERYONE that i have talked to said avatar was awesome....so i think im gonna have to see it

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yea, Avatar was AWESOME. We bought it, but it was better in 3D at the movies. :)

BTW, Hollywood video is going out of business here in Plainfield. They have console games and movies from $1-$10. You can even buy a safe, fixtures, TV's, etc. It's CRAZY. It's been picked clean of NEW movies, but you can still find a TON of awesome flicks for next to nothing.

One of my best friends is notorious for keeping movies and games for way longer than the return date...Every time I've gone with him, he ends up paying $40+ in late fees because he forgets to return them on time.

A few months ago, he rented several movies and games. About a week or so after they were due, he remembered he had them and was wondering why they had not called him to ask him to return them...

He gathers them all up, heads to the rental store and the store had shut down and the building was torn down...Free movies and games!:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom