• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    My deal? I assumed reps and badges were for the benefit of members to indicate the quality of posters. I expressed my opinion of PW who beg for reps so they can get a new badge and was jumped on by a group of guys who abuse the system.
    So hey whatever....neg rep me into the nether regions... I just don't care at this point.

If you're basing whether to trust someone based on colored stars underneath their name, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Some of the most knowledgeable people on here don't have nearly the rep they deserve, and a few, like myself, have far more than we rightfully deserve, and I don't think the FAQ ever claims otherwise.

Regardless, I should think it would be up to your own sense of propriety and your own :bs: filter to determine if someone actually knows about what they're talking or just shooting the breeze.

As for us post-whores (I think given my meteoric rise, and despite not asking for a single point of it, you can safely lump me in there with the rest of these fellows), I know for a fact that each is very qualified about at least one subject, if not more. Just because they choose to spend their time :bs:-ing things on here doesn't mean they don't know more than their lion's share. They simply might be more personable. And given how hostile you're being, if you think things will change with you being on the warpath, let me be the first, second, or thirteenth to let you know: probably not going to happen.

This is a useful place, one of the best if not the best, on the internet, simply due to the amount of information and camaraderie available here, as well as FREE bonus features like the classifieds and ACTUAL OWNERS of businesses coming on here to cut members deals or to let us know of expected ship dates or manufacturing problems, and much besides.

So, if you think it's not worth being here or that we're abusing being here, okay, that's your opinion, you're entitled to that, certainly.

But I have to disagree.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ya, he hit me for #8201 Nice little comment to. Edited it, because since he is one, thinks everyone else is also. He has no concept of humor.

J-NegRep.jpg

Hey, gimpy. How ya doin?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    you seem to think I care. Once I saw what kind of people post here I quit caring what you all think. You bash newbees and those with dissenting opinions. I don't really give much thought to your neg reps. I just wanted to repay the favor you all payed me. I assume I will be banned any moment anyway.
    We love all opinions.

We argue even amongst ourselves in this thread.

I post in a lot of threads... but this thread is a great place to catch up with friends.

You just didn't have to be a penis. That's all.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    If you're basing whether to trust someone based on colored stars underneath their name, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Some of the most knowledgeable people on here don't have nearly the rep they deserve, and a few, like myself, have far more than we rightfully deserve, and I don't think the FAQ ever claims otherwise.

Regardless, I should think it would be up to your own sense of propriety and your own :bs: filter to determine if someone actually knows about what they're talking or just shooting the breeze.

As for us post-whores (I think given my meteoric rise, and despite not asking for a single point of it, you can safely lump me in there with the rest of these fellows), I know for a fact that each is very qualified about at least one subject, if not more. Just because they choose to spend their time :bs:-ing things on here doesn't mean they don't know more than their lion's share. They simply might be more personable. And given how hostile you're being, if you think things will change with you being on the warpath, let me be the first, second, or thirteenth to let you know: probably not going to happen.

This is a useful place, one of the best if not the best, on the internet, simply due to the amount of information and camaraderie available here, as well as FREE bonus features like the classifieds and ACTUAL OWNERS of businesses coming on here to cut members deals or to let us know of expected ship dates or manufacturing problems, and much besides.

So, if you think it's not worth being here or that we're abusing being here, okay, that's your opinion, you're entitled to that, certainly.

But I have to disagree.

:+1:

I think if Jayincville just had an attitude adjustment, he would see that this is a very fun place to hang out. The only problem seems to be coming from a bit of a misunderstanding of, or perhaps an "overtrust" in, the rep system. Rectify that misconception and things can turn around for him.

I know I am probably be in the minority on this, but I feel bad that Jay now has such a bad impression of INGO and has decided that he doesn't really care if he gets banned at this point. I'd rather see Jay join us and keep contributing to the wealth of knowledge in the forums and then kick back and have some fun in the Break Room, too. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

I think if Jayincville just had an attitude adjustment, he would see that this is a very fun place to hang out. The only problem seems to be coming from a bit of a misunderstanding of, or perhaps an "overtrust" in, the rep system. Rectify that misconception and things can turn around for him.

I know I am probably be in the minority on this, but I feel bad that Jay now has such a bad impression of INGO and has decided that he doesn't really care if he gets banned at this point. I'd rather see Jay join us and keep contributing to the wealth of knowledge in the forums and then kick back and have some fun in the Break Room, too. :twocents:

That'd be ideal, I think.

Hey, Jay... you want some popcorn?

:popcorn:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

yup, I gave him some green rep to try to help him out.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Well, that's what you get for assuming.

I was told by a Mod that the rep system was originally put in place as a joke.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. :D

Cruel joke, huh. :n00b:

On a different note, I think I have my first ingrown toenail. I dunno, though. All I know is it hurts! Guess I'd rather have that than be in IBM's place or SE's. Or Indecision's! Sheesh. Yeah, I'm not complaining. I take it back.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'd actually trust most anyone in this thread.

There rep does have meaning to me.

I'd confidently sell a firearm or have confidence in most any kind of deal with the folks in this thread.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Cruel joke, huh. :n00b:

On a different note, I think I have my first ingrown toenail. I dunno, though. All I know is it hurts! Guess I'd rather have that than be in IBM's place or SE's. Or Indecision's! Sheesh. Yeah, I'm not complaining. I take it back.
    Visit a podiatrist when you're home from school. There's one in Fort Wayne behind Casa Ristorante.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    you seem to think I care. Once I saw what kind of people post here I quit caring what you all think. You bash newbees and those with dissenting opinions. I don't really give much thought to your neg reps. I just wanted to repay the favor you all payed me. I assume I will be banned any moment anyway.

Your problem is that you jumped in with blinders on and failed to see anything outside of this thread that any of us has contributed to this forum.

In that process you have done nothing but insult and criticize anyone who has posted on this thread.

I think at least 75% of the mods have posted in it at one time or another, please take a step back regroup and focus.

I've given neg rep here 4 times, funny thing is that 3 of the four are no longer here. Not by choice mind you, by their own hand.

To me it looks like you still have your foot on the accelerator and are going down hill with your brakes burnt out.

Oh BTW, by Uncle was here when I opened that rep you gave me, wanted me to thank you for calling me that, since it is his name.:laugh:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

I'd confidently sell a firearm or have confidence in most any kind of deal with the folks in this thread.

How about letting me "borrow" that shiny one you have.. :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

In a perfect world, this would happen...But I agree that he has such a bad impression of this site that he's just going to try to get banned.

A simple apology and I'd completely forget about everything he's said and done so far, but I doubt that's happening.

I just wish he'd either cheer up and start contributing, or go pound sand.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    In a perfect world, this would happen...But I agree that he has such a bad impression of this site that he's just going to try to get banned.

A simple apology and I'd completely forget about everything he's said and done so far, but I doubt that's happening.

I just wish he'd either cheer up and start contributing, or go pound sand.

Lets all start over and just give him green rep and say welcome to :ingo:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hey, gimpy. How ya doin?

Much better, still sore as all get out. Got more movement in the shoulder now that it gave a massive pop last night. Scared the crap out of me, I initially thought I screwed it up more but the pain quickly went away.

I can raise my elbow to just below my shoulder but only with lower arm bent towards my shoulder.

At least I can function better than a one armed paper hanger now! Recovery time has been lowered from 5-6 months to 3-4 months, so I'm looking at getting out sooner to shoot this summer and return to full status on throwing beer around and driving. YEA!

Waiting to see my hot PT tomorrow.:rockwoot:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Hey J, you see the above highlighted.

If some sort of SHTF happened in the area one of the "brothers" here in this thread and needed my assistance, I'd try to be there in a heartbeat because of the friendship that has been created in this thread.

There's more to life than badges, it's the camaraderie that has been created here, and I treasure that with these guys.

So how about it, wanna tone it down a little?

Take for any way you want it, but if you continue I'll make sure I never see another post of yours by hitting the ignore feature.

Oh, you would be the first if I did do that. Take it FWIW or any way you want.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Hey J, you see the above highlighted.

If some sort of SHTF happened in the area one of the "brothers" here in this thread and needed my assistance, I'd try to be there in a heartbeat because of the friendship that has been created in this thread.

There's more to life than badges, it's the camaraderie that has been created here, and I treasure that with these guys.

So how about it, wanna tone it down a little?

Take for any way you want it, but if you continue I'll make sure I never see another post of yours by hitting the ignore feature.

Oh, you would be the first if I did do that. Take it FWIW or any way you want.

Well said, brother.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom