• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You know what's really fun to do? Find someone who lives in the 90's and carries a pager and pager bomb that #(*%#% until it starts smoking. :D

And Playing Combat Arms. TTYL guys!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Reliuc... I don't even have the words...

ETG: You are still really young. You may have an injury or ailment that will change your opinion about meds.

I have high blood pressure, I'm technically obese, and my cholesterol is through the roof. And popping a few pills isn't going to change any of that. Nothing will save exercising as I've been doing, and eating better.

"F**K YOUR PILLS, CHARLIE MURPHY!" - Rick James

Seriously, most of them have NO efficacy beyond that provided by a PLACEBO, man. There are STATISTICS which prove this, and which I'd be happy to provide you when I'm not so tired, but yeah... most of those miracle drugs are more miracle than drug, my friend.

Efficacy was not even a determination for letting drugs come to market until 2007 or so, IIRC. The sole determinant question, for pretty much the entire history of our Republic was and has been: Statistically, do more people die taking the medicine than those who do not take it?

If a statistically-significant number of people died taking the drug than did other people who took nothing, the drug would not come to market. If there were equal or fewer deaths than the control group, the drug was allowed to come to market. EFFICACY HAS NEVER, UNTIL VERY RECENTLY, EVER BEEN A DETERMINANT FACTOR IN BRINGING DRUGS TO MARKET.

Placebo effect accounts for far more than even you would think, my friend.
    Even those drugs which actually do have pharmacological effect upon the human body, those mechanisms of action are generally very simple, as complicated mechanisms of action for most drugs are not well-understood... or, in the case of some drugs, even some 'simple' drugs, not understood at all.

For instance, acetaminophen - Tylenol. Anti-pyretic, anti-inflammatory, sure. Acetaminophen DOES work. But, its precise mechanisms of actions are STILL not fully understood. Ask any pharmacist, and after some hemming and hawing, they'll admit, no one really KNOWS why or how it works, but merely that it does. Sure, there are educated guesses, but no one has yet pinned down all the pathways or routes or methods of actions. And this is for common Tylenol for headaches, man.

Do you mean to tell me that you would rather submit your health, your vital well-being, your ability to be alive on this planet, to companies - people, really - whose drugs probably won't improve your condition? Drugs which, if they do work, may not be understood, fully or at all, even - and do you trust that, in fact, they won't make your condition worse - which, in fact, has happened. On a number of occasions. The most recent being Vioxx.

Vioxx, marketed to help alleviate the symptoms of chronic heart disease, ABOVE statistically-significant thresholds, actually INDUCED coronary attacks in a SIGNIFICANT number of people - data which MERCK & CO. THEN TRIED TO SUPPRESS, FROM BOTH THE FDA AND THE PUBLIC AT LARGE, until independent scientists came to the same conclusion and approached the company, at which point it agreed, jointly with the FDA, to voluntarily recall the drug from the market. By which time, of course, ~25,000 people had died FROM TAKING VIOXX.

Bextra. Celebrex (which is, of course, in the same drug class as Vioxx, but it is marketed for relief from headaches). Same stories.

In 2009, Ethex and Ther-RX Corp. both had incidents in which certain of their own drugs, POTENT opioid painkillers (Oxycodone and Morphine), were created in larger-than-normal sizes, which lead to respiratory depression (your lungs just stop working) and DEATH for many people. In addition, several dozens of their non-narcotic drugs had the same problems, resulting in overdoses of steroids, anti-hypertensives, anti-depressants.

KV Pharma, the conglomerate who owns both of those subsidiaries, knew about problems with manufacturing since almost a year prior, 2008.

I WILL NOT BE A GUINEA PIG FOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES, TO WHOM YOU AND I ARE BUT LIVING POOLS OF MONEY TO BE SUCKED DRY WITH NO CONCERN FOR OUR ACTUAL WELL-BEING.

NO SIR.

You can pop as many pills as you'd like, Big - but I'd rather trust in myself, knowing that everything I do is a result of genetics, of course - but mostly my own behaviors and choices, for the better or for the worse.

:twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom