• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    What about the tankless water heaters like Glenn Beck advertises on his radio show? I haven't listened in a while, so I can't be sure, but a quick Google search suggests it's called a Skye Tankless Water Heater.
    Tankless heaters work good in a home where the kitchen and bathrooms are close together. Not as well when they are all spread out.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I've had a 103 degree temperature for most of the day.

I feel like :poop:
    That sucks.
    I just got done working. 7 to 5 at my job.
    Went to look at 2 side jobs.
    Built more shelving in the basement. Getting more serious about prepping.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I wondered when our resident plumber would show up!! Hi ya Jimmy!! are the tank-less worth the money ?
    Not really......
    They are expensive.
    They are hard to repair and parts aren't always available.
    If you don't have good water quality, the heat exchanger gets stopped up very easy.
    I have put in 4 different brands. Not impressed by any of them.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Well I am off got to go to walley world gonna pick up Avatar at midnight!! Woot!! :D

LOL. Do you plan on watching it tonight too?

Great movie, BTW.

Why are there a couple of movies coming out on Thursday at midnight? They always come out on Tuesday morning.:scratch:

I was going to pick up How To Train Your Dragon today for an incentive for munchkin to play well at his T-ball game tonight(by "well," I mean pay attention and not play in the dirt), but they said it doesn't come out until midnight tonight.:dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm watching The Discovery channel and it said that the farthest distance a human has fallen without a parachute and survived is...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

33,000 freaking feet!:wow::wow::wow:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm watching The Discovery channel and it said that the farthest distance a human has fallen without a parachute and survived is...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

33,000 freaking feet!:wow::wow::wow:

I'm guessing he landed on something like this. :D:D:D
    belly.jpg

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Not really......
    They are expensive.
    They are hard to repair and parts aren't always available.
    If you don't have good water quality, the heat exchanger gets stopped up very easy.
    I have put in 4 different brands. Not impressed by any of them.

OK. Thanks for the insight. I'd been wondering about them since I started hearing Beck advertise them. Tried to rep ya, but I'm all outta ammo :(

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I like a well seasoned steak... well done.

I've got issues with red meat.

I used to love my steak well done. but I ordered a Med Well Top Sirloin from Mountain Jacks when it was still in Indy when my mother took me and my wife our for our 5th wedding aniv. 17 1/2 years ago and the darn thing was so tender and juicy that I could cut it with a fork, since then it's been med well and never looked back.

I've gotten about 10 discounted/free meals from Texas Roadhouse in Avon because of under cooked steaks. Nothing worse than having to have a steak resent back twice and your wife done eating and having to wait for you to finish.

What's better, an electric or gas hot water heater?

Gas..........

But get a tankless model, I should have done that when I got mine 3 years ago but the was just two darn expensive.

They can do any where from 3.5 gpm and up and save more than enough to pay for it self. Plus you'll never run out of hot water again! Something that you will greatly love with a growing family.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Did those bombers ever need to be 33,000 feet in the air?

(Serious question, I have no idea)

I'm guessing this is the story, as someone free falling 33,000 feet and surviving doesn't happen every day...Wow.

Stewardess Survives 33,000ft Crash!

Good question. I don't know much about how those actual missions happened, but according to the most reputable of all sources (Wikipedia), the B-17 had the highest service ceiling of all Allied bombers at 35,600 feet.

This page talks about a guy who jumped from a B-17 bomber at 22,000 feet and survived. If you scroll down, there's the story about another guy who survived jumping from a Lancaster bomber at 18,000. Both of them were captured by the Germans, but the B-17 gunner fell through a barn while the 18,000 feet dude landed on snow and trees. I remember reading about the guy who fell 18,000 feet because his story was in an old Reader's Digest book that was a collection of 80 stories of people who shouldn't've survived. I was in 3rd grade when I read it, and that kind of thing sticks with you.

I also found this gem among the comments:
    The next generation Airborne trooper: his top is made of rubber, his bottom is made of springs...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've had a 103 degree temperature for most of the day.

I feel like :poop:

Feel for ya Bigum, I had my first week eval on the shoulder today along with my first physical therapy session.

Shoulder looks good, will still be off work for 3 more weeks and can ditch the sling around the house but have to wear it out in publick to protect it.

PT, man I swear those people love inflicting pain, maybe we should use them along with water boarding on interrogating Terrorist!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Keep up those sweet short one liners, been in pain,that said a FireBase INGO carpet bomb would brighten my day.

Eh.. he looks legit to me. He's on day 5, so 19 posts isn't bad. If he's in no rush to get to the classifieds, and if he's participating in other, more meaningful, threads — which he seems to be — I'd say it's all fine and dandy.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Feel for ya Bigum, I had my first week eval on the shoulder today along with my first physical therapy session.

Shoulder looks good, will still be off work for 3 more weeks and can ditch the sling around the house but have to wear it out in publick to protect it.

PT, man I swear those people love inflicting pain, maybe we should use them along with water boarding on interrogating Terrorist!

Knock 'em unconscious (ok, maybe only halfway), and do some kind of surgery... twist up their ACL and MCL, mess with the rotator cuff, or remove some very important organs related to their manliness... then force them to go through physical therapy :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom