Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Thats good stuff !

I shot the 416 this AM..... When i got up there was a Coyote in the field. So i grabbed the only rifle in reach (416) & ran down to the fence , put him in the crosshairs & whatched the dust fly 10 ft in front of him :dunno:
    He immeadiatly took off runnin, i tried to adjust for the miss & him running :ar15: But, i couldnt get it done...
    In hindsight...... I shoulda waited, he has been gradually getting closer to the house every morning for quite some time. Now ive spooked him with a hail of bullets, & he probably wont be back for a while.
    I think hes eyeballing are Yorkie !
    Maybe i could put the yorkie on a chain out in the field for bait :D

That sucks that you missed. Good for trying it with your new gun that you hadn't shot before though. If I had seen a yote out in our field, I prob would of grabbed the 30-06 or maybe the AR depending on distance. I'm sure I could hit him with either but especially the 06 out to 300 yards or so.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    ya , i deffinetly shoulda grabbed the Colt, but i thought he was gonna take off.
    Also, just think how cool it would been if i woulda hit him at 100+ yds with a gun ive never fired before!:)

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    ya , i deffinetly shoulda grabbed the Colt, but i thought he was gonna take off.
    Also, just think how cool it would been if i woulda hit him at 100+ yds with a gun ive never fired before!:)

1ae76683-afc6-4ccf-9771-af33124255a2-1.jpg

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Thats good stuff !

I shot the 416 this AM..... When i got up there was a Coyote in the field. So i grabbed the only rifle in reach (416) & ran down to the fence , put him in the crosshairs & whatched the dust fly 10 ft in front of him :dunno:
    He immeadiatly took off runnin, i tried to adjust for the miss & him running :ar15: But, i couldnt get it done...
    In hindsight...... I shoulda waited, he has been gradually getting closer to the house every morning for quite some time. Now ive spooked him with a hail of bullets, & he probably wont be back for a while.
    I think hes eyeballing are Yorkie !
    Maybe i could put the yorkie on a chain out in the field for bait :D

This should be an acceptable use for a Yorkie!! :laugh:

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    So I take it this is the post whore thread. Seems to be one like this no matter where you go, unless the mods or the owner is a jackwagon.

This forum seems to be ran rather tightly. When it's too loose it just goes straight into the wall.

So what to do today? Should go get some milk and beer
    we are all jackwagons here, get with the program....or get out!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom