• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    RelicHound wonders if Joe Williams has actually ever owned the Tasco that POC asked about...RelicHound feels that if Joe Williams had indeed ever owned said Tasco Joe Williams would not be giving his enemies a Tasco enema with it. The Tasco varmint rifle scope gets RelicHounds seal of approval..though most other Tasco products rate very low on RelicHounds list of quality products.
    RelicHound also thinks that BSA products are made for nerf guns.
    RelicHound is also a big fan of the Bushnell Banner series of scopes but POC asked for a cheap scope and the banner mil dot scopes cost double the Tasco.

Joe hasn't used that particular Tasco, but has tried to save money on enough Tascos that he now knows it is a false economy. For a 200 yard gun, one doesn't need mil-dot sights or fancy doo-dads if one is trying to shop on the cheap. Joe feels that one is better served by concentrating on the basics like the best, clearest optics one can afford, reticles that don't fall off, scopes that don't change point of impact when you change zoom power, and repeatable zero settings. Get a scope that provides those, and if one that wants fancies, be prepared to pay for the extras above and beyond what it costs to get the necessities. The fancies are easy to live without. Trying to get it all on the cheap is a pipe dream, and will result in a scope that does a sub-standard job of providing the basics.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Joe hasn't used that particular Tasco, but has tried to save money on enough Tascos that he now knows it is a false economy. For a 200 yard gun, one doesn't need mil-dot sights or fancy doo-dads if one is trying to shop on the cheap. Joe feels that one is better served by concentrating on the basics like the best, clearest optics one can afford, reticles that don't fall off, scopes that don't change point of impact when you change zoom power, and repeatable zero settings. Get a scope that provides those, and if one that wants fancies, be prepared to pay for the extras above and beyond what it costs to get the necessities. The fancies are easy to live without. Trying to get it all on the cheap is a pipe dream, and will result in a scope that does a sub-standard job of providing the basics.

While RelicHound will agree with the above statement,RelicHound still stands behind this particular rifle scope.
    RelicHound prefers a basic rifle scope that offers clarity, consistent adjustments and doesnt cost $1000 and RelicHound doesnt need fancy do-dads so RelicHound has for the past few years been putting Nikon pro staff rifle scopes on all his scoped firearms as RelicHound feels this scope offers alot of bang for the buck..though some folks still see them as expensive scopes.
    If someone was to ask RelicHound what he thinks the best general purpose rifle scope for a center fire rifle would be, he would give the person this link.
    Nikon Prostaff Rifle Scope 4-12x 40mm Nikoplex Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA
    and if the person was to ask RelicHound what he thinks the best all around scope is for both shotguns and rimfires Relichound would give the person this link.
    Nikon Prostaff Shotgun Scope 2-7x 32mm Shotgun Hunter Nikoplex Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA

Talking in the 3rd person is fun:laugh::D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    know the feeling IJ.

my hips are a killing me!!

MrG heard noises last night when he was coming to bed. He thinks it was mice messing with the foil trying to get in.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    Talking in the 3rd person is fun:laugh::D

Joe is jealous of the Nikons, and agrees they are a LOT of bang for the buck. Sadly, to Joe, they are expensive scopes :( They certainly aren't expensive compared to what scopes CAN cost.

Joe Williams agrees that talking in third person is fun, and is going to try it at home. Joe predicts initial confusion, some doubts as to his state of mind, and an eventual domestic assault by Mrs Joe to make him stop.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Joe's son initially said "Sean Williams thinks Joe Williams should go back to talking in first person." Now, though, Sean is speaking in third person, mostly because it appears to be rattling Cathy's brain.

Cathy is convinced that she is the object of some experiment. Initially, she thought it was to catch Joe slipping up and speaking in first person. When Joe did make such a slip, she was crushed to find that wasn't the objective. Currently, she thinks it's to make her start talking in third person, but is uncertain. She has convinced herself that multiple board members may be part of this non-existent "experiment."

Her laughter is uncertain, and beginning to take on a manic edge. However, there are signs that she may opt to mate with Joe in an attempt to make him stop. Joe is surprised by this, and encouraged.

Cathy will still assault Joe, though, if she discovers he is doing this for no good reason at all.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    :laugh:

the MP5.

come on everyone knows the M4 is for the rats outside :dunno:
    Thats good stuff !

I shot the 416 this AM..... When i got up there was a Coyote in the field. So i grabbed the only rifle in reach (416) & ran down to the fence , put him in the crosshairs & whatched the dust fly 10 ft in front of him :dunno:
    He immeadiatly took off runnin, i tried to adjust for the miss & him running :ar15: But, i couldnt get it done...
    In hindsight...... I shoulda waited, he has been gradually getting closer to the house every morning for quite some time. Now ive spooked him with a hail of bullets, & he probably wont be back for a while.
    I think hes eyeballing are Yorkie !
    Maybe i could put the yorkie on a chain out in the field for bait :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Joe's son initially said "Sean Williams thinks Joe Williams should go back to talking in first person." Now, though, Sean is speaking in third person, mostly because it appears to be rattling Cathy's brain.

Cathy is convinced that she is the object of some experiment. Initially, she thought it was to catch Joe slipping up and speaking in first person. When Joe did make such a slip, she was crushed to find that wasn't the objective. Currently, she thinks it's to make her start talking in third person, but is uncertain. She has convinced herself that multiple board members may be part of this non-existent "experiment."

Her laughter is uncertain, and beginning to take on a manic edge. However, there are signs that she may opt to mate with Joe in an attempt to make him stop. Joe is surprised by this, and encouraged.

Cathy will still assault Joe, though, if she discovers he is doing this for no good reason at all.

Expat would be afraid to try it with his woman as she does not have much of a sense of humor. Expat's woman would kick his arse if he gets her agitated.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

Either one should do you fine. I've used tasco in the past but lately have been using BSA more. My 10/22 has one of the BSA Sweet 22 scopes on it, and it does a great job, nice and clear. Then my 30-06 also has a BSA its a 6-24x44, side focus, 30mm tube, tactical turrets, and a mil dot. It's held zero very well and taken some abuse. Very nice and clear and gathers light pretty good too. I'll agree with Relic on this one, alot of guys give them both bad rap. But most of them have never even tried either. They always just go for the big names and if you don't have that then you suck. I think you'll be fine with either one. Its not like its going to be a 1000 yard gun. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom