• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

I was going to recommend the tasco as a sub $100 scope.
    lots of people will say they are junk but those are the same people who never own the gear they are quick to give a negative review about...and they also enjoy shoving medium sized fruits into thier rectrum.
    I had one of those on a 22-250 I use to own for several years and hunted with it in some of the worst conditions IN has to offer and never had a problem with..held zero just fine and the clearity was good enough.
    I say go for it..
    though Im sure you'll get all kinds of feed back from wanna be snipers telling you to put a $2,000 optic on a $250 rifle. you'll be shooting yotes under 200yrds...not terrorist at a 1,000yards.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Thanks guys.
    I've had a couple of Tasco's. I think they are older than I am, and they are kinda cloudy, but like I said...they are old.
    POC is going to bed now. POC had a pretty boring night.....

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    For cheapos, Joe Williams prefers Bushnells. He has also been most pleased with the KonusPro scopes he installed on his and his wife's guns, but having only used them for about 2 months cannot comment on their longevity. So far, they are worth more than the $60 each he paid for them. 4x9x44s cost another $20. Lighted, engraved reticles, clear, bright.

In the $150-$160 range, Redfield makes a 4x9x40 scope that is a thing of absolute beauty, REALLY clear, really bright, feels rock solid.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Expat was speculating the Joe's woman was so impressed with his new gold badge he may have gotten lucky last night.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Expat was speculating the Joe's woman was so impressed with his new gold badge he may have gotten lucky last night.

Joe Williams greets Expat and sends well wishes for a happy and fulfilling day. He is pleased to report that his spouse swooned with excitement when she observed his accomplishment, and made amorous advances and suggestions for activities that were shocking, yet enticing. Joe Williams consented to comply with the expressed wishes of his fine woman, and she is pleased to have chosen him as mate.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Joe Williams thinks Tasco products are best used for inserting in the rectums of enemies, but suck as firearms accessories. Better products available for the same price, or not very much more.

RelicHound wonders if Joe Williams has actually ever owned the Tasco that POC asked about...RelicHound feels that if Joe Williams had indeed ever owned said Tasco Joe Williams would not be giving his enemies a Tasco enema with it. The Tasco varmint rifle scope gets RelicHounds seal of approval..though most other Tasco products rate very low on RelicHounds list of quality products.
    RelicHound also thinks that BSA products are made for nerf guns.
    RelicHound is also a big fan of the Bushnell Banner series of scopes but POC asked for a cheap scope and the banner mil dot scopes cost double the Tasco.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom