• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Leave me alone, the pain has messed with my ability to spell correctly.

I'm at that fork in the road again like I was awhile back...

Pain medication or Bourbon?

I've never had surgery before. I've never had a broken bone for that matter.

I have months, or even years of stubbornness ahead of me before I go under the knife.
    My ICL tear took a year to heal without surgery.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    No, ligaments don't heal themselves. I tore my ACL and meniscus a couple weeks after I graduated high school. Had it all fixed up - replaced my ACL with tendon from my hamstring - and now I'm good to go! The doc told me you can get by without fully functional tendons in your knee, but your "need" ( ;) ) will be more susceptible to going out again, and if you get it fixed, you just don't have that worry any more. *Totally* worth getting it fixed, IMHO.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I wasn't aware ligaments healed themselves...I tore my left MCL in high school and it's still messed up.

Years, upon years of football without a single injury and one pick-up Bball game ruined everything.:n00b:
    You might have a little chunk hanging off and irritating the hell outta your knee. Get it fixed.

No, ligaments don't heal themselves. I tore my ACL and meniscus a couple weeks after I graduated high school. Had it all fixed up - replaced my ACL with tendon from my hamstring - and now I'm good to go! The doc told me you can get by without fully functional tendons in your knee, but your "need" ( ;) ) will be more susceptible to going out again, and if you get it fixed, you just don't have that worry any more. *Totally* worth getting it fixed, IMHO.
    A small tear will......eventually. A big azz tear will not. The docs tried to push surgery, but I asked what will happen if I didn't He said it would eventually heal on it's own, but it will take a long time. It did it was 10 months before I could plant my foot and twist my knee without pain.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    You might have a little chunk hanging off and irritating the hell outta your knee. Get it fixed.

A small tear will......eventually. A big azz tear will not. The docs tried to push surgery, but I asked what will happen if I didn't He said it would eventually heal on it's own, but it will take a long time. It did it was 10 months before I could plant my foot and twist my knee without pain.

Ah, yes, I stand corrected. Now that you mention it, I do recall hearing that. My problem, of course, was that my ACL tore clean through, so that didn't apply to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom