• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Just took my rifle completely apart for the first time after it fired out of battery on Jclark...my barrel is FUBAR! the little groove where the extractor fits in is all messed up which makes the bolt not wanna close all the way..which I probably screwed it up more by shooting it after the kaboom. if it wasnt aluminum I dont think it would of gotten all deformed like it is...could probably dremel it square again but Im not sure what kind of tolerance Im working with and dont chance messing it up and making it more dangerous to shoot:dunno:

so I reckon the factory barrel goes on for now and no more aluminum barrels for this person:rolleyes: I'll take it to the smith and get his opinion and if its gonna cost a butt load of money to fix Ill just buy a KID barrel:D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Mid way actually sells the tool for that, seen him do it on one of his demo's on Wednesday night block of gun shows on the Outdoor Channel, So if you jump on line you can find it and the tip on how to fix it.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Tryin to decide on a raven holster. Dont know if i want to order the pancake attachments with it or not. And dont know if the attachment comes with the screws or not...

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Mid way actually sells the tool for that, seen him do it on one of his demo's on Wednesday night block of gun shows on the Outdoor Channel, So if you jump on line you can find it and the tip on how to fix it.

wonder what its called? I just looked and couldnt find anything. I'll send em an e-mail. thanks! Id rep if I could.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I do think they post his tips on gunsmithing on the Outdoor channel site, or they might even have them on his web site, Mid-way, hope this helps.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Time to leave.

Attention all LEO's that will be working between Newburgh and Indianapolis this evening:

If you see a White GMC Jimmy with a license plate ending in "2"(just a two) and he happens to be going a few MPHs over the limit, let him go on by and get the car behind him.:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom