• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    As much as I want one, I'm too stubborn...My DVD collection is nothing short of ridiculous and if I buy a BR player, I'd want to get copies of all the DVDs I have, which isn't even close to realistic.

Buying Blu-Ray of what you have will garner you basically very little difference in quality.

In order to get the vastly superior video qualities of Blu-Ray, the orginal content needed to be recorded in Hi-Def in the first place. Although you will get better audio.

Buy the Blu-Ray, it'll upconvert them to 1080 so it will look a little better and you can keep your old collection to view, and start a new BR collection. It's the best of both worlds.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    On a big tv like mine (60 inch plasma :woot:), you can really see the difference between blu ray and dvd.

1080p is awesome.

60 inch, it's so little compared to my 108 inch HD projector!

Yup that's right 9 foot screen with Sony 7.1 surround sound with a Optoma HD6800 mini flame thrower for the video.

I don't go to commercial venues, I stroll upstairs to the treehouse and kick back in one of my 4 recliners.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I prefer LCD over plasma...though both have a great picture, Im comforted by the fact the LCD is more durable. I have one of the fastest LCDs on the market so the "ghosting" that most LCD suffer from isnt an issue. Ive got a Sony Bravia {new 60"} I like it because it has built in wifi:D{still havent figured out all of the features my TV has}
    Im sure the newer plasma TVs are better than the older ones..the one I had lasted a whole 2 years before it went out:rolleyes: TV watchin is serious bidness:):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well that was fun. After a nice long useless trip to Bloomington (because I'm a dumbarse) I decided it was time to clean the driveway. So, 5 hours and a trip to Menards for concrete cleaner later, my driveway now no longer has oil/tranny fluid stains!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!!

Man my back hurts, but it was worth it! :D

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Well that was fun. After a nice long useless trip to Bloomington (because I'm a dumbarse) I decided it was time to clean the driveway. So, 5 hours and a trip to Menards for concrete cleaner later, my driveway now no longer has oil/tranny fluid stains!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!!

Man my back hurts, but it was worth it! :D

Yeah, nobody likes tranny stains :gheyhi:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I prefer LCD over plasma...though both have a great picture, Im comforted by the fact the LCD is more durable. I have one of the fastest LCDs on the market so the "ghosting" that most LCD suffer from isnt an issue. Ive got a Sony Bravia {new 60"} I like it because it has built in wifi:D{still havent figured out all of the features my TV has}
    Im sure the newer plasma TVs are better than the older ones..the one I had lasted a whole 2 years before it went out:rolleyes: TV watchin is serious bidness:):

Smaller sets I would also prefer LCD, but not for really big sets.

Plasmas have much deeper blacks and better contrast.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Smaller sets I would also prefer LCD, but not for really big sets.

Plasmas have much deeper blacks and better contrast.

agreed...but should say better than most most LCD TVs;).. my bravia rivals the best plasmas on the market{at a cost though}...for the price I paid for the bravia I could of bought one of the better plasmas..but with the problems I had with my samsung plasma Im a bit leery of all plasmas.."once bitten twice shy" as they say.
    my dad has a newer panasonic 65" plasma and I must say that blu ray movies look much better on his TV than mine..I figure if my TV ever goes out and he still likes his I may consider one of the panosonics plasmas.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    agreed...but should say better than most most LCD TVs;).. my bravia rivals the best plasmas on the market{at a cost though}...for the price I paid for the bravia I could of bought one of the better plasmas..but with the problems I had with my samsung plasma Im a bit leery of all plasmas.."once bitten twice shy" as they say.
    my dad has a newer panasonic 65" plasma and I must say that blu ray movies look much better on his TV than mine..I figure if my TV ever goes out and he still likes his I may consider one of the panosonics plasmas.

We're both sitting pretty buddy!

60 inches=true happiness! :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yeah, nobody likes tranny stains :gheyhi:

Well she looked like Mariah Carey until she dropped her drawers. I just hope I used enough bleach and power washed hard enough to clean off the blood pool it left in the driveway after the coroner left... :dunno:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I just got home. I installed a shower valve, installed a shower pan liner, and my buddy tricked me into laying 200 sq. ft. of tile in a cut-up kitchen.
    <<<< This guy is kinda tired.
    I'm still gonna hit the bars tonight........I'm tired, not dead.:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I honestly can't tell the difference between plasma, LCD, Blu-Ray, DVD... I like you chumps, but you got chumped. :D

I played an hour of Dance Dance Revolution today at Bob Walther's, so I'm kinda tired myself, Jimbo. Not quite the same as laying tile, I imagine, but still, took a lot out of me. Now it's time for some cake, some Coke Zero, and eventually some sleep... while Bigum and Kris enjoy their deliciously expensive, crisped-blacks and clear-colored TVs. :-D

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I honestly can't tell the difference between plasma, LCD, Blu-Ray, DVD... I like you chumps, but you got chumped. :D

I played an hour of Dance Dance Revolution today at Bob Walther's, so I'm kinda tired myself, Jimbo. Not quite the same as laying tile, I imagine, but still, took a lot out of me. Now it's time for some cake, some Coke Zero, and eventually some sleep... while Bigum and Kris enjoy their deliciously expensive, crisped-blacks and clear-colored TVs. :-D
    You wanna know what goes well with Coke Zero?????
    BOURBON!!!!!!!!:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom