• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I'm here, but may be leaving in a bit. Going to take my yugo SKS in to a local gun store and see what I can get on trade. Just not sure what I want to trade for. :): So much to choose from and he doesn't have what I really want, a .357 mag lever action, or PSL, or FNP-9 (of course with money on my end for any of them).
    i recommend a ruger vaquero if you can find one in .357

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Le Doug its Personal&Home Defense is the title. It has some pretty odd things in it. They say one of the best home defense guns is a Taurus Tracker in 17HMR and an FN 5.7 is on of the best concealed carry guns? I never heard of either of those being used for those purposes.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    When i was at rajos yesterday I asked what the price was on some winchester 16 ga #7.5, drumroll........ $15.50 for 25.........it gets better........that was the 2007 price, it would have been $20 cause it hadnt been updated

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Le Doug its Personal&Home Defense is the title. It has some pretty odd things in it. They say one of the best home defense guns is a Taurus Tracker in 17HMR and an FN 5.7 is on of the best concealed carry guns? I never heard of either of those being used for those purposes.

Really? A 17hmr for home defense? I've shot that 5.7 and it's big. I wouldn't want to conceal carry it.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    When i was at rajos yesterday I asked what the price was on some winchester 16 ga #7.5, drumroll........ $15.50 for 25.........it gets better........that was the 2007 price, it would have been $20 cause it hadnt been updated

Oh My Goodness.

While I was out yesterday I stoped at the new gun shop in Mt. Vernon I saw the 16 gauge #6 shot. I don't know how many were in the box, but the box was 10.99, if I remember correctly

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Oh My Goodness.

While I was out yesterday I stoped at the new gun shop in Mt. Vernon I saw the 16 gauge #6 shot. I don't know how many were in the box, but the box was 10.99, if I remember correctly

I bought federal #6 at walmart 25 rounds for $6.

need #7.5 though cause i shoot clays with my A5 and my break average goes from 95% with #7.5 to 80% with #6

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Really? A 17hmr for home defense? I've shot that 5.7 and it's big. I wouldn't want to conceal carry it.

So far this magazine says some pretty off the wall stuff I don't get it. They suggest to secure your home, you buy highly trained German Shepards. At one point they even mentioned a draw bridge. And advanced surveilance cameras.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Thanks Mark. I like reading the articles by Masaad Ayoob. He is the info man...if he was a memeber, I would rep him every time I could

Hey Doug if you and your wife want to you all can come to my place and spend the night before the shoot!! I told you that the other night, Oh and Ayoop's a punk!! :laugh:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Hey Doug if you and your wife want to you all can come to my place and spend the night before the shoot!! I told you that the other night, Oh and Ayoop's a punk!! :laugh:

you have now moved to number two on my list....right behind nancy grace.

as far as staying with you at your home, I appreciate the offer, but it looks like it 4.5 hours from here to gas city, and then another 2 hours from there to your house. I think I may pass, not sure yet

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom