• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wife wants to get a fish tank but we have no fish experience... I'd hate to spend $$$ and kill off the fish in a week or less.

Buy cheap until you get the hang of it. You can get fish as cheap as $.10. Just do a bit of research before picking the fish you want.

Oh heavens no. Never mixed them. I used to keep 6 aquariums going all the time. In fact the SA ones, I never kept more than a pair in a tank. They are pretty aggressive. They would even beat up on my Plecos. The Kribs we raised were a lot of fun. They would readily breed and raise their young 'uns. I thought the Rams were the best looking but tough fish to raise.

I planned on just having 2 ACs in my tank until I knew the water was safe, but one started attacking the other and you could see visible "wear" on the yellow one's fins. I bought 2 more and it immediately stopped. I know all fish are different, but I'm confident that I saved the yellow fish's life by getting a couple more...I should have stopped there, but somehow I found myself at the pet store again and I just had to have 1 more to complete the tank.:D

Would a Pleco survive with ACs?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Dang RM! thats sucks! Hope you heal quickly.
    you know what always makes me feel better?....a dancing pickle!
    *paging IBM...repeat paging IBM..we need a dancing pickle isle 3*:dunno:

The Show: Pickle Chorus line.
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I am really really frustrated with people who say one thing and do another.

There's nothing more important to me than immediately hearing the story behind this post....

Hey! Who can tell me who has the best deal on 9mm? I wanna pick some up on my way to Mcdonald's...gotta sudden craving for fries.:D

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Buy cheap until you get the hang of it. You can get fish as cheap as $.10. Just do a bit of research before picking the fish you want.

I planned on just having 2 ACs in my tank until I knew the water was safe, but one started attacking the other and you could see visible "wear" on the yellow one's fins. I bought 2 more and it immediately stopped. I know all fish are different, but I'm confident that I saved the yellow fish's life by getting a couple more...I should have stopped there, but somehow I found myself at the pet store again and I just had to have 1 more to complete the tank.:D

Would a Pleco survive with ACs?

Mine did okay. They did pester him some. I had some hiding places. Busted clay pots are always good. I had a big piece of driftwood in the tank also. I wouldnt put a little one in though if yours ACs are already established.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom