Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Had to air up the tire before I left. I didnt get a call. Hopefully they can get the replacement in soon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Boys are in permanent timeout for the rest of the night. They've been acting up all day, but they were okay with me when we were outside. After we all came back in, they started back in and the thing that really set things off was their disrespecting Susan when she asked them to clean up the living room (their toys) and then their bedroom. Angry grandpa voice came out and got that squared away. Then they tore up their room again and when Susan tried to discipline them again, Brydon (the "good one") was even laughing in her face.

That brought out REALLY angry grandpa voice. And I made it clear in no uncertain terms that they will NOT disrespect "Mimi" ever. They're going to be the death of us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Boys are in permanent timeout for the rest of the night. They've been acting up all day, but they were okay with me when we were outside. After we all came back in, they started back in and the thing that really set things off was their disrespecting Susan when she asked them to clean up the living room (their toys) and then their bedroom. Angry grandpa voice came out and got that squared away. Then they tore up their room again and when Susan tried to discipline them again, Brydon (the "good one") was even laughing in her face.

That brought out REALLY angry grandpa voice. And I made it clear in no uncertain terms that they will NOT disrespect "Mimi" ever. They're going to be the death of us.
    All I can say is this is the new norm especially for kids that had little to no guidance before you and the doggy momma stepped in to give them a stable environment.
    Kids will push back on the woman folks and the woman folk mostly want to negotiate with them. Mostly.
    When the male voice is tuned up that tends to get their attention.

You said they were good when outside playing and once back inside they went over the line again.
    To be gentle that's called cabin fever and we deal with it daily with our bunch but not as bad, but we see it. I have to remind the woman folk when it rears its ugly head. They really test the boundaries.

You are doing good things here my friend.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Evening all.

Sorry to hear about the stress with the youngsters, DD. CM is right. That is a hard age with kids who have had structure/discipline in their lives so I understand how hard this is. So many factors in what is going on with them. I'm not sure I could do it at this age either, but I'm not sure what your options are. If you haven't contacted any counseling services that work with children, I would encourage you to reach out for some help from them.

Finally got home from work and had some leftover chicken and dumplings and got a shower. Tomorrow is going to be interesting. IT was still there working on things when we finally left at 5:30. I'm glad we didn't do a full schedule for tomorrow. It is kind of a trial run, but there are still quite a few patients scheduled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom