Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just doing a cruise through to catch up.
    Spent some time helping CKW pull all the food from the pantry. Seems we have mice. There was some damage but could have been worse. She is Pissed off. I laid out the baited glue traps in strategic areas where they would run. Tomorrow I will check and see where they are getting in. Its usually where the A/C lines go through the wall. If they dug through the foam, I will address this more aggressively.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Just doing a cruise through to catch up.
    Spent some time helping CKW pull all the food from the pantry. Seems we have mice. There was some damage but could have been worse. She is Pissed off. I laid out the baited glue traps in strategic areas where they would run. Tomorrow I will check and see where they are getting in. Its usually where the A/C lines go through the wall. If they dug through the foam, I will address this more aggressively.

Seems like they visit us at about the same time every year. Glue traps are my favorite, but this last booger actually chewed his way out of one on the first attempt. He was not so fortunate on his second try. I still haven't found where they are getting in.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Evening CM, ancjr.
    I battled mice last spring it took awhile to get rid of them but in the end a combo of glue traps and poison slayed them all. It also caused me to empty my pantry and toss quite a bit of stuff. I hate those mices to pieces.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seems like they visit us at about the same time every year. Glue traps are my favorite, but this last booger actually chewed his way out of one on the first attempt. He was not so fortunate on his second try. I still haven't found where they are getting in.
    Same here. I love pitching them in the trash while they are still breathing and no I do not torture people's cats.

:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Evening CM, ancjr.
    I battled mice last spring it took awhile to get rid of them but in the end a combo of glue traps and poison slayed them all. It also caused me to empty my pantry and toss quite a bit of stuff. I hate those mices to pieces.
    We are taking the perishables out of the pantry and putting the canned/glass items in there. The perishables will go in the locking cabinet that now holds the canned goods. We keep a lot of food on hand...:):

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I had a good old spring trap that I got 22 with in one year down in the basement, and yup the wood stove is a good way to dispose of them. Since we got adopted by the cats my trap is rusting. The secret to them really being effective is to tie a loop of string through the bait pad and then smear on the peanut butter, the greedy little bastards get carried away pulling on the string

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom