Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ancjr, I remember gas at 80cents . . . . . those days are long ago.
    Heck, I remember it down around 27 cents. It was before I started driving, but I remember giving a buddy a quarter to ride my bike up to the corner gas station and he could get almost a whole gallon for us to "play" with (we were pyromaniacs as kids). :):

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Heck, I remember it down around 27 cents. It was before I started driving, but I remember giving a buddy a quarter to ride my bike up to the corner gas station and he could get almost a whole gallon for us to "play" with (we were pyromaniacs as kids). :):
    I remember those prices also. They pumped it for you, often times you scored a drinking glass. We weren't pyro's but we did make up some serious explosives.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember those prices also. They pumped it for you, often times you scored a drinking glass. We weren't pyro's but we did make up some serious explosives.
    We had a Marathon station (actually they built a new one there now in the same spot) and they used to give away those red, white and blue ABA basketballs. But they were made of some kind of cheap plastic, so as they aged, they stretched out and kept getting bigger to where eventually they wouldn't fit through the hoop. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And speaking of explosives, we used to go to Haag Drug and buy sulphur, potassium nitrate and powdered charcoal and make gunpowder. Never got it to explode but we made some hellacious smoke bombs!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    And speaking of explosives, we used to go to Haag Drug and buy sulphur, potassium nitrate and powdered charcoal and make gunpowder. Never got it to explode but we made some hellacious smoke bombs!
    Don't remember the ingredients but they definitely went BOOM. We used empty testors paint bottles, drill a hole in the top for cannon fuse then hot glue around the fuse, fill up the bottle and you have a depth charge. Another friend used empty CO2 bottles the little ones. The were extra powerful he stopped making them when he left one at a friends house and said friend decided it would be cool to detonate it in his mailbox. It destroyed the box and made a fist sized hole in the bottom wood. We had a lot of fun growing up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom