• ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have this... issue. I tend to laugh when people start throwing fits like children.

I was sitting at the bus stop playing my guitar and waiting on my kids' bus. This...ample... woman tried to pass a stopped bus, and I took her picture.

She didn't like that. She claimed and had the right because her kid was on that particular bus. I didn't see how that mattered, but couldn't bring myself to argue the point. She obviously wasn't the brightest tool in the attic, and so I just let myself laugh and wave at her.

This propensity is going to get me in a fight one of these days, but I swear I can't help it.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I can't stand tailgaters (not the pregame kind), either behind me or in front of me. Why get up on someone's ass only to ride your own brakes? It's ****ing stupid.
    I do not tailgate. I meant I am trying to leave 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds between myself and the vehicle ahead. That extra room allows more reaction time and less brake use. I too detest tailgaters, especially when I'm on the motorcycle.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I do not tailgate. I meant I am trying to leave 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds between myself and the vehicle ahead. That extra room allows more reaction time and less brake use. I too detest tailgaters, especially when I'm on the motorcycle.

I like this!

Gives me plenty of room to pass.

:runaway:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Tailgaters while on my motorcycle really bother me. I mean, I look in my mirror and see someone in an suv on their phone 10' behind me. More than once I found a place to pull over and let them go.

Don
    If it's in the middle of nowhere, There is a reason there is lime in my saddle bags. Where is the purple text when you need it?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    speaking of distance and preparation and avoidance of a fight.

Make sure when stopped at a light in traffic you stop so you can see the rear tires of the car in front of you. (ideally where they contact the road) That will give you enough room to quickly go around them if you need to get the heck out of Dodge.

If you cant see the rear tires, you are probably too close to cut the wheel and go around them.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    What was it? Crud, now I have to go get in the books... Ah, here it is; Please,excuse the translations. This is Marcus Aurelius quoting Plato over 2,000 years ago and then being put into english by Sir George William Chrystal in 1902, "You are mistaken, my friend, to think that a man of any worth should count the chances of living and dieing. Should he not rather, in all he does, consider simply whether he is acting justly or unjustly, whether he is playing the part of a good man or a bad?"

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    speaking of distance and preparation and avoidance of a fight.

Make sure when stopped at a light in traffic you stop so you can see the rear tires of the car in front of you. (ideally where they contact the road) That will give you enough room to quickly go around them if you need to get the heck out of Dodge.

If you cant see the rear tires, you are probably too close to cut the wheel and go around them.
    It also gives you enough room to get stopped if you have an insurance scammer in front of you that takes off, then instantly jams on the brakes trying to get rear ended by you. I had a near miss with one of them last year. Shady peeps are out there.

Top Bottom