• DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Laughed so hard I farted! :laugh:

Jeff has that effect on people! :D

So since the 2014 Kentuckiana Kolonel is in the books is anyone looking to have a bit of fun and change up what they've been shooting? I know WSSC has the BUG match coming up in November but is anybody breaking out an Old Faithful to knock the rust off of?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So since the 2014 Kentuckiana Kolonel is in the books is anyone looking to have a bit of fun and change up what they've been shooting? I know WSSC has the BUG match coming up in November but is anybody breaking out an Old Faithful to knock the rust off of?

I'm thinking 1911's for a while.
    Would like to go to the single stack nationals next spring (it is on my bucket list and I'm not getting younger kind of a thing) and it makes me crazy swapping from fat mags to skinny, so if I get in then I might be a 1911 person till that comes in May.
    Maybe shoot the 45 at matches (:thatshot:) but mix in the 9 (:gaychase:) to keep ammo costs reasonable. Life is so complicated when you don't have a 40 for every class.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana

Not going to change for a while. The xdm seems to like me and am doing ok with it for only having it a few months. May put a new trigger in it next year. Haven't done a bug match yet but if the rules still allow my old XD in the game I will use it for Nov.

different note, haven't said congrats to the guys who brought home hardware from Sellersburg. The level of competition was significant and is no small feat to place in top 4. To bring home Division Champ? Outstanding!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Jeff, 1911's, that'll be a huge change for you...how will you handle the differences? LOLOL

If you'd just shoot using a Glock you'd be so much happier! Think of all the money you'd save on purple holsters!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Not going to change for a while. The xdm seems to like me and am doing ok with it for only having it a few months. May put a new trigger in it next year. Haven't done a bug match yet but if the rules still allow my old XD in the game I will use it for Nov.

If you go powder river remind me to tell you about the pencil launch safety test & the freezer overtravel test, not in the instructions.
    I'd go springer precision I think but haven't messed with one so perhaps that is not a great idea. Just not in love with the powder river setup, but they can work well.

note, haven't said congrats to the guys who brought home hardware from Sellersburg. The level of competition was significant and is no small feat to place in top 4. To bring home Division Champ? Outstanding!

It is enough if you just didn't tell them they could kiss your ass.
    In my opinion.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If you go powder river remind me to tell you about the pencil launch safety test & the freezer overtravel test, not in the instructions.
    I'd go springer precision I think but haven't messed with one so perhaps that is not a great idea. Just not in love with the powder river setup, but they can work well.

It is enough if you just didn't tell them they could kiss your ass.
    In my opinion.

You speak as if you own one of the magical Fields of Spring guns..but we haven't seen it...much like that roundy-round gun from the Wesson of Smith.. are these like the mystical Excalibur? :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You speak as if you own one of the magical Fields of Spring guns..but we haven't seen it...much like that roundy-round gun from the Wesson of Smith.. are these like the mystical Excalibur? :D

Springfield is the one I threw on the ground at a top secret classifier & got the big DQ :(. Swapped holsters today & darn near did the same stupid thing again, muzzle clears the comp-tac a lot sooner than it did the other and my arm is trained to go forward when the muzzle clears the comp-tac. Least I think that is what happened. Swapping holsters is the Devil.

Roundy round you saw at the last WSSC classifier (I get a bonus point here for not saying anything mildly sarcastic).

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Springfield is the one I threw on the ground at a top secret classifier & got the big DQ :(. Swapped holsters today & darn near did the same stupid thing again, muzzle clears the comp-tac a lot sooner than it did the other and my arm is trained to go forward when the muzzle clears the comp-tac. Least I think that is what happened. Swapping holsters is the Devil.

Roundy round you saw at the last WSSC classifier (I get a bonus point here for not saying anything mildly sarcastic).

Throwing guns only works in the movies and cop shows from the 40's and 50's :D I don't think I would do that any more if I were you...just sayin'.

i don't know, I was out in the sun all day so I'm not sure of what I saw!!! :):

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So who managed to hit Academy up this weekend? We dropped by and they have a lot of stuff, a combo of Dick's and Gander...but I don't know if it is a good combo. Despite GM having horrendous gun prices I still end up shopping there for stuff...in fact grabbed a new pair of Merrell's that Academy didn't even stock from GM..a bit disappointed in the reloading section (1 shelf of highly priced primers and no powder) and their pistol section left a lot to be desired....

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    So who managed to hit Academy up this weekend? We dropped by and they have a lot of stuff, a combo of Dick's and Gander...but I don't know if it is a good combo. Despite GM having horrendous gun prices I still end up shopping there for stuff...in fact grabbed a new pair of Merrell's that Academy didn't even stock from GM..a bit disappointed in the reloading section (1 shelf of highly priced primers and no powder) and their pistol section left a lot to be desired....

Agreed, was pretty disappointed.

anyone know if the RB match this weekend is a qualifier?

Top Bottom