• ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Sweet!!!!

and DANG those penalties hurt!!!!! I'm going to be crabbing about that for a while, so just FYI LOL

24 out of 147 overall
    4th in SSP EX
    11th in SSP out of 70

Fantastic match! The after part needed a lot of polishing but all things considered I'm ready to sign up for the 2015 Kolonel!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Wow.

Stage 4 Morgan Allen shoots in 14 and change down 1.

Brad was 3rd on that stage & he shot it in 21 something down 1. The 2nd place guy was about the same.

Fastest spray and pray time I saw (did not look far down the list) was 19 and change.

Would love to know how he did it.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Which was Stage 4, the Standards?

Our 1st.
    I scanned things too quickly, a couple other folks shot it in 15.5 ish & I think Sandbagger would have been right there if he would have shot his normal accuracy. Just kind of a fluke that out of the top 6 or 8 or whatever there was a 7 second advantage to one shooter.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Did not like that stage. Too many targets too close together.
    never seen a pack of coyotes that big

LOL I loved it up until I got an FTN :D I wish I would have asked the SO how many shots I had taken on that COF so I'd at least know in my head if I missed or just flat forgot the target!

I don't think I had a favorite stage the way I did last year, but just about all of them were really good. My only complaint was about the golf cart stage and not really knowing how they were going to call cover...you played it just a bit too close to the edge and you were busted but in the end they were pretty lenient when it came to the cover call...wish I'd have known since I wasted about 6 extra seconds tucked way back in there LOL

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    LOL I loved it up until I got an FTN :D I wish I would have asked the SO how many shots I had taken on that COF so I'd at least know in my head if I missed or just flat forgot the target!

I don't think I had a favorite stage the way I did last year, but just about all of them were really good. My only complaint was about the golf cart stage and not really knowing how they were going to call cover...you played it just a bit too close to the edge and you were busted but in the end they were pretty lenient when it came to the cover call...wish I'd have known since I wasted about 6 extra seconds tucked way back in there LOL
    I thought most of the stages were a lot of fun. I screwed the pooch on the coyote stage and on stage 4 too. A 3rd of my points down we're on those 2 stages, then add in the FTN. Most others were pretty good for me and I met my goal of finishing in top half!
    has got me stoked to shoot more, excited for November's matches

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      13.2 KB · Views: 3

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    +1 to you for using the phrase 'screwed the pooch' on the dog stage :D

Pizza Stage brutalized me. Down 8 + FTN on the swinger cost me dearly.

I had 2 goals and met one of them. First goal was to get a Top 3 finish which I missed by about 2.5 seconds or so. But I also wanted to improve my finishing position from last year which I did by 1 place so I'll take it.

My goal for 2015 is to shoot more often and to try and make 2 major matches instead of just the Sellersberg match.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    +1 to you for using the phrase 'screwed the pooch' on the dog stage :D

Pizza Stage brutalized me. Down 8 + FTN on the swinger cost me dearly.

I had 2 goals and met one of them. First goal was to get a Top 3 finish which I missed by about 2.5 seconds or so. But I also wanted to improve my finishing position from last year which I did by 1 place so I'll take it.

My goal for 2015 is to shoot more often and to try and make 2 major matches instead of just the Sellersberg match.

Yeah, once you are up near the front, shaving those extra few seconds or points down get harder & harder to come by. Top four finish is awesome my friend!
    I would also like to take in at least 1 more major next year

I'm seeing a trend of slow starts with me. 1st half of the COF's Seems like I am warming up & then finish much better. Need to be able to come off the bench cold & perform well, there is no warm up / stretching in this game! Real life either, kind of the point huh?

When training I will pay more attention / give more weight to my 1st runs on the drills. I usually do some warm up runs but no more

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I know it is hard to compare match to match since there are so many variables but I looked at my stats from 2013 and compared them to the results from this year's Kolonel

2013 results vs 2014 results
    Points Down -79 vs PD - 40
    Overall 16 of 123 vs #24 of 147
    Div/Class 5 of 12 vs #4 of 14
    Division #8 of 52 vs #11 of 70
    Class #8 of 25 vs #9 of 30

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    BTW, Titegroup pushing 147s is an AMAZ-BALLS soft shooting load!
    Maybe not as accurate as some others I've worked up with PP but way softer and faster follow up.

thanks for the heads up!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    BTW, Titegroup pushing 147s is an AMAZ-BALLS soft shooting load!
    Maybe not as accurate as some others I've worked up with PP but way softer and faster follow up.

thanks for the heads up!
    Glad the recipe worked out for you. I've always read that PP was hard to beat accuracy-wise, not sure why.
    Most will agree that Tite isn't the most accurate/clean/etc, but it's pretty good across the board, not to mention the economy of a 3.5gr load. I think I've only read a person or two who said they couldn't get better than 6" at 10yrds, for what it's worth...

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm seeing a trend of slow starts with me. 1st half of the COF's Seems like I am warming up & then finish much better. Need to be able to come off the bench cold & perform well, there is no warm up / stretching in this game! Real life either, kind of the point huh?

Could be worse, I didn't wake up till the 9th stage Sat & the 8th at the match before that.
    If you shoot the first stage solid but low risk you would be in some pretty good company (Brian Enos & etc).

I think my 2015 goal is to figure out what it takes to be able to sleep the night before the match. Think I may ask our resident IDPA brain Dr. guy for a tweak & if that doesn't work maybe see if Mike will talk to me on my cellphone.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Could be worse, I didn't wake up till the 9th stage Sat & the 8th at the match before that.
    If you shoot the first stage solid but low risk you would be in some pretty good company (Brian Enos & etc).

I think my 2015 goal is to figure out what it takes to be able to sleep the night before the match. Think I may ask our resident IDPA brain Dr. guy for a tweak & if that doesn't work maybe see if Mike will talk to me on my cellphone.

I smoked a lot of reefer befo..,,uh, I mean I ate a lot of veggies and took a a hot shower...yeah..that is exactly what I did to go to sleep.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom