• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It was a heckuva shot. Had a target that appeared after you shot its leg out from under it. He chucked the pineapple and it rolled with enough force to knock the target down. Even more impressive was the leg was about 25 to 30 feet away and tucked behind a barrel. Unbelievable shot!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    It was a heckuva shot. Had a target that appeared after you shot its leg out from under it. He chucked the pineapple and it rolled with enough force to knock the target down. Even more impressive was the leg was about 25 to 30 feet away and tucked behind a barrel. Unbelievable shot!
    Haha, yeah that was definitely a skill shot. :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hugh had the Mikey stance at first on Sat., being the brave soul that I am, I asked Barb to tell him about it.

Are we going to get new rulebooks?

No new rulebooks will be printed and distributed to the membership is my understanding. Well, in HQ's mind, we have been given the new rulebook and if we want a hardcopy of it we can print it. Reason given was that since the book is going to be updated annually it would just not be cost effective to print new books ever year.

Hey, it's not cheap to race planes.

If I can remember I'll bring the issue up at the "town hall" Tiger Team meeting tomorrow night. I'd like to have a hard copy of the new book, paid for by my dues instead of extra out of pocket.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    No new rulebooks will be printed and distributed to the membership is my understanding. Well, in HQ's mind, we have been given the new rulebook and if we want a hardcopy of it we can print it. Reason given was that since the book is going to be updated annually it would just not be cost effective to print new books ever year.

Hey, it's not cheap to race planes.

If I can remember I'll bring the issue up at the "town hall" Tiger Team meeting tomorrow night. I'd like to have a hard copy of the new book, paid for by my dues instead of extra out of pocket.

that is a bit rough, not getting new rule books with our renewed membership. I guess they are saying they'll provide it in PDF form and we just have to print it or carry a digital copy with us from this point forward I'm guessing.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    that is a bit rough, not getting new rule books with our renewed membership. I guess they are saying they'll provide it in PDF form and we just have to print it or carry a digital copy with us from this point forward I'm guessing.

Yep. Looks like hardcopy rulebooks are going the way of membership cards. If there is enough outcry, maybe they'll print them up.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    they will be free...after a $10 increase in membership dues! :D

You are probably right! I think it's kinda BS that their not gonna send out a new rulebook with membership renewal. I don't know where the fees go specifically, but I'm pretty sure I'm not getting $40 worth of magazines. :p

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I got one pretty recently...I think it had a guy on the front shooting and on the cover it said something about holding an IDPA match to benefit charities or something of that nature.

Man, I have got the itch for a match! AGH!!! I did find out that I won't miss the Oct 5th Red Brush match due to soccer; thankfully that is our Saturday off so I'll be able to shoot the 2 matches before Sellersberg to insure I am as finely tuned as possible! :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What classification would I shoot in with a 1911 in 45acp and a Glock 21 in 45acp

Thanks
    Mike Hudson

The 1911 chambered in 45 ACP would normally be found in CDP, although you could shoot it in ESP but you would be at a slight disadvantage due to magazine capacity. Having said that, 99.9% of all 1911 in .45 are in CDP and when you start to learn a bit more about it, you will see that CDP Division was designed wih e 1911 specifically in mind.

The Glock 21 is one of the few semi-autos that can compete in any of the 3 semi-auto divisions although most I've seen are shot in CDP as well. I shoot my G21 in CDP 99% of the time...in CDP you can only load your magazines, no matter how many they can hold, to 8 rounds. In ESP and SSP, the other 2 semi-auto divisions you can load each magazine to 10 rounds maximum.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Okay I will help out.:patriot:
    Is it okay to shoot 2 guns in the same class at a IDPA shoot?

Thanks
    Mike

Hey Mike, I don't know why you're getting into all of this bottom feeder stuff when you've got a 625:laugh:

To answer the question, you can shoot multiple guns in the same division (class=skill level). Just gotta pay for the extra gun and run.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    The wife and I made it back from Tulsa and man am I glad nationals is over! Not the best of times. No need to get into it here- won my class, lost the division, spanked Miculek on a course or two, ate out a lot and burned a bunch of fuel. I would show you my trophy, but, ooopps, IDPA forgot to order one. Nothing better than great organization at its largest match:rolleyes:

It did make me appreciate quality smaller majors and local matches who work hard to keep things legal and legit. Looking forward for several of them to coming up in October, including the Kolonel!

Top Bottom