• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Good times today at WSSC! Great job again and putting together a good set of courses in limited space and in this match's case, mush for ground. I had a blast. Sort of found myself in major mode on the first 3 courses and was able to chillax on the last three.

I do want to offer this though. Pertinent parts in italics, critical parts in bold- YOU KNOW WHY:):

Revolver Neutral:
    A descriptive term for a CoF which does not
    call for revolver shooters to do impossible things. This does NOT
    mean that every CoF should require six (6) rounds or less. This
    does mean that, if a CoF requires a tactical reload, the tactical
    reload will be called for before six (6) rounds have been expended.
    You cannot ask a person with an empty gun to retain unexpended
    rounds. Think of revolvers when designating cover, reloads and

stage requirements.

IDPA Rulebook, Page 80

:laugh:

Keep up the good work guys!

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    Thanks!

My congrats to Jeff Jones for taking high overall at WSSC. I really thought I had it, except Jeff evidently ran the Barbecue Invasion stage in 2.88 with 3 down! That's a raw time of 1.38. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think I'm just going to put myself down in the book as high overall:D

I also notice the time on "Barbecue Invasion". Jeff beat the closest time by almost 20 seconds. The amazing thing is that Jeff shoot at least 14 rounds and a mag change in only 1.38 seconds.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I need some lessons from Mr. Jones.:D:D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I also notice the time on "Barbecue Invasion". Jeff beat the closest time by almost 20 seconds. The amazing thing is that Jeff shoot at least 14 rounds and a mag change in only 1.38 seconds.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I need some lessons from Mr. Jones.:D:D

Hmmm, when there is a boo boo in my favor I get repetitively hosed about it on the world wide web, when things count up the other way it is quieter than a mouse fart :D

Good safe match Saturday, thank you!!!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Well........I did like your tac-reload on stage 2:D

My mag falling out on the next stage because I didn't slam it in hard enough brought things back to normal . . .

I'm going to drop trying to run that gun (9mm 1911) 10 + 1 in a heartbeat if the proposed rules do not change and if I ever get a 40 1911 it will be 8 round mags only.

Oh, gossip.

The MD at RB is thinking that we should start trying to run by the new rules as soon as they become finalized (July ??). Maybe give folks a jump on things if they go to a bigger match latter in the year after the switch is official.

Last RB board meeting it was sort of consensusized that the new bays being added would be for competition use & pistol/rimfire only and otherwise probably gate locked closed. I think they like the added security of events which have a safety officer associated with them and I don't know if they are comfortable with idiots launching 30-06's in a new direction. I don't know that that decision is set in concrete though.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    My mag falling out on the next stage because I didn't slam it in hard enough brought things back to normal . . .

I'm going to drop trying to run that gun (9mm 1911) 10 + 1 in a heartbeat if the proposed rules do not change and if I ever get a 40 1911 it will be 8 round mags only.

Oh, gossip.

The MD at RB is thinking that we should start trying to run by the new rules as soon as they become finalized (July ??). Maybe give folks a jump on things if they go to a bigger match latter in the year after the switch is official.

Last RB board meeting it was sort of consensusized that the new bays being added would be for competition use & pistol/rimfire only and otherwise probably gate locked closed. I think they like the added security of events which have a safety officer associated with them and I don't know if they are comfortable with idiots launching 30-06's in a new direction. I don't know that that decision is set in concrete though.

So that was what happened. I didn't know if you hit the release button or what. Either way, good note for all when such a thing happens, it's probably best to let it lay and take the procedural. You'll burn 3 seconds picking it up, but worse than that, it gets the course all out of kilter from your plan. :twocents:

Working in the new rules after finalization would be alright, I suppose. It would only effect 2 RB matches before all clubs had to abide. Me personally, I've scanned the new rules and won't look at them again until after nationals. It's hard enough for me to keep up with the current rules:laugh:

Glad to hear the RB has plans to expand, with the expansion benefiting shooting sports:yesway:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just a heads up for anyone interested in the KY State Match. I looked on their website again and it still read "pending IDPA HQ Approval." What this means is that they are waiting on the Area Coordinator to approve their stages. So, I contact the AC and he replied that they haven't sent any stages to him???? If they're wanting to hold it in July, they have to have them in by the end of this month.

In short, the match may or may not happen.:dunno:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Hi all. Anyone know how I can get results from the May 11 match at WSSC? I provided my email address on the score sheet but haven't received them. I did notice from earlier posts they are available.

Any help appreciated!

Top Bottom