• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    That is most definitely THE way to deal with that situation!

Yeah, but I joined the Dark Side and got a Glock... Now need mags, holster, not to mention new sights!
    so now thinking I'll shoot the classifier in both ESP (XD) and SSP with the Glock.

Haven't seen any posts about today's match, I wasn't able to make it...how was it?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yeah, but I joined the Dark Side and got a Glock... Now need mags, holster, not to mention new sights!
    so now thinking I'll shoot the classifier in both ESP (XD) and SSP with the Glock.

Haven't seen any posts about today's match, I wasn't able to make it...how was it?

It was good! Had a great time and can't wait to do it again.

and welcome to the dark side! What model of Glock did you get? Just be warned that once you get your first they do tend to multiply!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    It was good! Had a great time and can't wait to do it again.

and welcome to the dark side! What model of Glock did you get? Just be warned that once you get your first they do tend to multiply!

Really wanted to go, especially with the classifier next week but was helping a friend move.

I got the 17, gen 3. Figured I couldn't go wrong. Really debated about the 34 (or the xd 525) but, with my build, wouldn't be able to actually carry them outside of the range.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Really wanted to go, especially with the classifier next week but was helping a friend move.

I got the 17, gen 3. Figured I couldn't go wrong. Really debated about the 34 (or the xd 525) but, with my build, wouldn't be able to actually carry them outside of the range.

Hard to go wrong with the 17! Congratulations!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Thanks! Thought I'd resolve the XD vs Glock debate for myself. Honestly, either one of them shoot better than me!

I really haven't ever found a gun that I didn't like, I just prefer Glock more than the others. Glock gets a huge plus from having the most available accessories out there for a polymer-frame gun, almost as much as the 1911 platform, so going with it gives you wider access to holsters, mag carriers, sights and internal parts if a feller is inclined to make those changes. Plus, it is good to have another in the Glock fold since between TJ, Brent and the Rainey Brothers the M&P is gaining momentum :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've finally recouped enough from yesterday to type. I had three picks for matches- RB, Silver Creek or the Summer Sizzler. Went with the Sizzler and think I made the right choice. Really good time with my squad and good prep for nats as most of the stages were difficult for revolver. In short there was 5 of us RB regulars there, two of us brought home wood- Brad took first ESP/MA and I took ESR Division Champ. Grelber literally did 100% better than the first major, Don did about the same, the other Don looked like he wanted to kill someone.

Also found out me and one of the Don's live on the same road- never knew it.

I'll get a pic of the trophy up soon, I think you'll get a kick out of it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've finally recouped enough from yesterday to type. I had three picks for matches- RB, Silver Creek or the Summer Sizzler. Went with the Sizzler and think I made the right choice. Really good time with my squad and good prep for nats as most of the stages were difficult for revolver. In short there was 5 of us RB regulars there, two of us brought home wood- Brad took first ESP/MA and I took ESR Division Champ. Grelber literally did 100% better than the first major, Don did about the same, the other Don looked like he wanted to kill someone.

Congrats! What happened with Don? And kudos to Grelber and Brad! Give us more of an update when you get a chance!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Congrats! What happened with Don? And kudos to Grelber and Brad! Give us more of an update when you get a chance!

I wasn't squaded with those guys, so Grelber can probably fill us in more.

All I know is that Don had a rough match and bottomed out the class at ESP/MA. If I had to guess, I'd say this being his first major the nerves might have worked on him and he shot faster than what he could see (shooting at time vs vision). Just my guess, but an educated one as I've been there and one that and had similar results. LOL

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville

Way to go!!!:rockwoot:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Give us more of an update when you get a chance!

On the second stage we shot Brad hit a warp speed blur reload after an activator, got a down zero on a fast mover, the s.o.'s and almost the whole squad (those who did not have to ride with him) made loud cooing noises, and we heard strangers talking about it after we had moved on. Between that and taking home another plaque it was just not pleasant to be within earshot.

Big D got a 224 ish with about 20 seconds worth on mental errors, if he had shot the way I've seen him shoot the two USPSA matches previous he should have won his division with a little room to spare.

Little D had been on fire lately and just seemed to have one of those days you'd like to forget about, had a couple gun issues also which adds gas to the fire. Likely reasons TJ noted below were at work and I think even young guys are better off with a goods night sleep.

My score was 26 seconds behind the person who won my division :n00b: , but I didn't hurt myself or do anything that I'm going to hear about over and over and I had fun, so I think I'm going to call it a success.

If I had to guess, I'd say this being his first major the nerves might have worked on him and he shot faster than what he could see (shooting at time vs vision). Just my guess, but an educated one as I've been there and one that and had similar results. LOL

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Sort of way off the subject but does any body have an idea where a person could check out some quality shooting glasses? I am tired of the just too small size safety glasses I have been using and wouldn't mind upgrading to something more comfortable. Gander has the standard stuff; ideas anyone?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Sort of way off the subject but does any body have an idea where a person could check out some quality shooting glasses? I am tired of the just too small size safety glasses I have been using and wouldn't mind upgrading to something more comfortable. Gander has the standard stuff; ideas anyone?
    Check out Armada (Optics?) on Weinbach near Daves Sportsden. THey have some various yellow/iridium/etc. stuff.... i got some for work when I was still wearing contacts.
    Apparently there is a place off of Lynch Rd. somewhere that has a lot of stylin/safety glasses, not sure of the name of the place.

Has anyone received the Red Brush scores???

I've been wondering the same thing

Top Bottom