• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I've been wondering the same thing. Been tossing and turning for a couple hours, watching the clock and listening to it just pour outside. :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've been wondering the same thing. Been tossing and turning for a couple hours, watching the clock and listening to it just pour outside. :laugh:

Me, too. It honestly doesn't look good. With the mess involved and it still raining for the next several hours I don't see it happening. But, I would like to hear from a more official source than my intuition lol

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Sorry it got canceled. It rained for me all the way to the range today, then quit and in a few hours the sun even came out with nice, blue skies. But, with the performace I put in, I'd probably done just as well to stay home or go fishing:laugh:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Sorry it got canceled. It rained for me all the way to the range today, then quit and in a few hours the sun even came out with nice, blue skies. But, with the performace I put in, I'd probably done just as well to stay home or go fishing:laugh:

Where you shoot this weekend?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Probably by 2 or 3 it was almost a nice day out yesterday... Ugh, I feel like it has men years since I have shot a match...

At any rate how was the match overall? Even though it didn't go as planned was it worth the trip?

Overall, the match was a good experience. The pistol bays there are all cowboy town set-ups like WSSC, but we actually got to use the houses and so forth, which was cool. Most of the guys on my squad were SOs at the MO state match, so we had a good time. The early morning shooters had been backed up by the rain, so we shot about 2 hours later than scheduled. I haven't quite managed the mental discipline to deal with delays when I am ready to shoot. All the SOs had shot the morning and dealt with the weather, so they was tired out. This lead to very vague- or no- course descriptions, which in turn lead to surprise procedurals:D I know they was tired and had to do all over again today, so it's understandable. Plus the rain had warped some of the plywood on pressure boxes and other electronics were messed up, so everything wasn't the same for everyone. Nothing anyone could do about it, the rain just took a toil on everything.

I received one procedural in the match. I probably would have protested it but since my SO was the MD I had no one to gripe with:laugh::laugh:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this match was held at the World Shooting Complex. This place is a MASSIVE facility with what looked like at least 500 yard rifle ranges and probably 30 or 40 skeet/clays towers and a bunch of pistol bays. I thought that Bluegrass in Wilmore, KY was huge- this place dwarfs it. It had it's own water tower and several large buildings for I don't know what in. But here's the kicker- the state of IL owns that range. How's THAT for irony!

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Overall, the match was a good experience. The pistol bays there are all cowboy town set-ups like WSSC, but we actually got to use the houses and so forth, which was cool. Most of the guys on my squad were SOs at the MO state match, so we had a good time. The early morning shooters had been backed up by the rain, so we shot about 2 hours later than scheduled. I haven't quite managed the mental discipline to deal with delays when I am ready to shoot. All the SOs had shot the morning and dealt with the weather, so they was tired out. This lead to very vague- or no- course descriptions, which in turn lead to surprise procedurals:D I know they was tired and had to do all over again today, so it's understandable. Plus the rain had warped some of the plywood on pressure boxes and other electronics were messed up, so everything wasn't the same for everyone. Nothing anyone could do about it, the rain just took a toil on everything.

I received one procedural in the match. I probably would have protested it but since my SO was the MD I had no one to gripe with:laugh::laugh:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this match was held at the World Shooting Complex. This place is a MASSIVE facility with what looked like at least 500 yard rifle ranges and probably 30 or 40 skeet/clays towers and a bunch of pistol bays. I thought that Bluegrass in Wilmore, KY was huge- this place dwarfs it. It had it's own water tower and several large buildings for I don't know what in. But here's the kicker- the state of IL owns that range. How's THAT for irony!

I have often wondered how Illinois managed to produce a facility of that scope and size! I have seen it before, I think their shooting lines measure somewhere along 2 miles or more with the skeet, trap and 5-stand ranges. Very impressive! But how in the hack is that there and not here in Indiana?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You know you're not at your normal range when you see industrial size cardboard recyclers to handle the boxes of clays:D

Yeah! I'd love to see it in person. I think there is even a nice shooting range over by Rend Lake/Mt Vernon, Illinois area, too. How the heck are they getting these giant facilities? LOL

Shooting USA has filmed several episodes there and the stats are staggering!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Ok, so with the WSSC not being able to hold a match this month, what in the heck are we going to talk about for the next few weeks? This is going to be brutal because we are going to have to go until July 6th for a match.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Ok, so with the WSSC not being able to hold a match this month, what in the heck are we going to talk about for the next few weeks? This is going to be brutal because we are going to have to go until July 6th for a match.

You know, I was wondering... Is there anything happening at RB this weekend? Maybe we could persuade some members to head up a shoot since Saturday was cancelled and no IDPA at wssc this weekend.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just got word, looks like I claimed the IL State ESR Division Champ title. :rockwoot:There ended up being another EX shoot in ESR I didn't know about along with the SS I did know about. The EX gave me a run for my money- I won 7 of the 11 stages and he won 4. Looks like they ditched stage 6 of the match, but I'm not sure as to why.

I won't have another match until later this month and it's going to be a classifier match at Wilmore. Kind of looking forward to the break- back to back majors sounds good, but it takes its toil on the body, the reloader and the pocket book:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You know, I was wondering... Is there anything happening at RB this weekend? Maybe we could persuade some members to head up a shoot since Saturday was cancelled and no IDPA at wssc this weekend.

I don't know if there is nor not. I'd actually like a Classifier to be honest. I need a classification in SSP and I guess I'll need one in CDP to make the October match.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Saturday is the work day which closes much of the range until somewhere between 1 and 4 pm.
    In general though, taking multiple bays on any weekend without prior notice & approval might start a small scale war. Sometimes you have to wait just to shoot when you head out by yourself during prime time.
    Weekdays are much more flexible.

Top Bottom