• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Maybe I WAS talking about robotic pasters and just didn't want to spoil it!

Man, as much fun as I'm sure it is going to be at the new Cabela's, I'm going to be having a fit not shooting Saturday!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I just now saw on their website they will have a IDPA match with The Gunny in the parking lot on Saturday. That shouldn't cause any issues being IN Louisville, right?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    For those interested in the WSSC match this Saturday:

Hello Shooters,
    West Side Sportsman's Club will be holding our monthly IDPA Match on
    Saturday, April 13th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter orientation at
    10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM.

The cost will be $10.00 per weapon. The round count should be 90 to
    150. Feel free to go to the IDPA website for the rules.
    http://www.idpa.com/.

A lunch will be NOT available this month. The gentleman that handles the
    lunch will not be available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

WSSC members that would like to help setup, be there at 8am. This is an
    easy way to get your work hours.

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs property.

I hope to see everyone on Saturday.

Thanks,
    Jay L. Hile

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I do have an honest IDPA-related question, if you can believe that. Has anybody found a way to keep their new style of membership cards from sticking to everything? I still have my originial plastic card from when I first joined back in '08 or so and the newest ones are terrible! I know you can get your cards signed by club presidents but how do you manage to keep the ink on the things? I guess I could start by not bringing mine with me everywhere I go for starters I guess.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I do have an honest IDPA-related question, if you can believe that. Has anybody found a way to keep their new style of membership cards from sticking to everything? I still have my originial plastic card from when I first joined back in '08 or so and the newest ones are terrible! I know you can get your cards signed by club presidents but how do you manage to keep the ink on the things? I guess I could start by not bringing mine with me everywhere I go for starters I guess.

I've had them signed with a permanent ink pen (need to let the ink dry before doing anything) and a regular ball point pen. Both remain visible and I carry my card in my wallet everyday. They will stick at first, but peel and unpeel them a few times and it won't be a problem. :twocents:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've had them signed with a permanent ink pen (need to let the ink dry before doing anything) and a regular ball point pen. Both remain visible and I carry my card in my wallet everyday. They will stick at first, but peel and unpeel them a few times and it won't be a problem. :twocents:

Ok, I didn't think about trying to work the sticky off of them. I'll do that before having anything put on there. Good thinking! Now I know why I keep you around!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Don't know how it is at Evansville, but it's rained here all day. If the same occurred at WSSC, I see some future inductees to the 4x4 hall of fame come Saturday:D

I think you may very well be right! On an exciting note my little shop got in 3 M&P Shields...1 9 and 2 .40...but only had one .40 left. $403.00 I think.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I think you may very well be right! On an exciting note my little shop got in 3 M&P Shields...1 9 and 2 .40...but only had one .40 left. $403.00 I think.

Coolness. :rockwoot:I really like those little Shields, although I must prepare anyone who tries to push the sights off those dudes. I have gone from nylon to brass to steel, my gunsmith has done the same and they won't move! I sit the thing in the freezer today for an hour- nothing. Put heat to it- nothing. I think I'm going to have breakdown and by the proper tool.....and a 10lb sledge hammer:D Or send it to Apex:rolleyes:

The wife has her OWB and IWB holster for it now and we've got a set of Williams firesights to put on it, after said beating of sights. She plans to run it in IDPA once the new sights are on.

If anyone has a universal sight tool, I'd like to rent it.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Coolness. :rockwoot:I really like those little Shields, although I must prepare anyone who tries to push the sights off those dudes. I have gone from nylon to brass to steel, my gunsmith has done the same and they won't move! I sit the thing in the freezer today for an hour- nothing. Put heat to it- nothing. I think I'm going to have breakdown and by the proper tool.....and a 10lb sledge hammer:D Or send it to Apex:rolleyes:

The wife has her OWB and IWB holster for it now and we've got a set of Williams firesights to put on it, after said beating of sights. She plans to run it in IDPA once the new sights are on.

I'm guessing you have already let it soak a few hours in penetrating oil. Amazing what that stuff will do, sometimes.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

I would have been bringing one home if one of those 9mm were still there. I did like the size...that was actually the first Shield I'd seen.

Top Bottom