• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I think it is safe to say that we are the only ones actually looking at this thread. There should have been at least 2 or 3 1911 guys on here looking to start fights :D

They're here- they just know better. :D

I've been in a lot of matches over the past year and a half and a 1911 is the ONLY gun I have seen actually come apart- as in stuff starts falling from them (Jeff, you here buddy:laugh:).

joncor2577

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I bought mine for the joy of ownership, "tinkerability" and the ability to customize and make it my own in shades other than black on black. A part of history.... :stickpoke:

Moving on.... Unfortunately I won't be able to make the next RB outing... Family commitments or something like that .

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

I've been in a lot of matches over the past year and a half and a 1911 is the ONLY gun I have seen actually come apart- as in stuff starts falling from them (Jeff, you here buddy:laugh:).

My new Ruger SR1911 has yet to exhibit this interesting sounding feature.
    You would get to pick up brass and gun parts at the same time. :cool:
    Thus doubly irritating SBCExpertMan! :)

Is Grelber the expert on this sort of thing? Does he or has he offered classes and or demonstrations on how to retrieve 1911 parts from the mud?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I think it is safe to say that we are the only ones actually looking at this thread. There should have been at least 2 or 3 1911 guys on here looking to start fights :D

I'm guessing that someone is forgetting the teary eyed walk we took to his car to put away the broken plastic gun, and someone else (who just bought a spare gun in case his gun breaks firing pins at a bad time again this year) has figured out how to make his wheel gun actually light off all six primers ??

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Is Grelber the expert on this sort of thing? Does he or has he offered classes and or demonstrations on how to retrieve 1911 parts from the mud?

That is what I find amazing about the 1911. You can spend less than $700 and get a fantastic one or spend $1500 and get one that stops feeding e overly other round! lol

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You would get to pick up brass and gun parts at the same time. :cool: Thus doubly irritating SBCExpertMan! :)

Yes, doubly irritating indeed!:laugh:

I don't think the part was ever recovered unless a RB lawnmower got a hold of it.

I'm guessing that someone is forgetting the teary eyed walk we took to his car to put away the broken plastic gun, and someone else (who just bought a spare gun in case his gun breaks firing pins at a bad time again this year) has figured out how to make his wheel gun actually light off all six primers ??

Big difference between ammo problems (me and Mike) and parts just absolutely falling out (you know who):laugh:

Actually, wheelgunners have to keep two now in case some over zealous safety checker decides to break one at nats (up to three revolvers reported broke now:xmad:)

That is what I find amazing about the 1911. You can spend less than $700 and get a fantastic one or spend $1500 and get one that stops feeding e overly other round! lol

I have no experience with 1911s save for an Ed Brown of my buds I put a few rounds through, but it seems to me that the "middle ground" 1911s is where folks have trouble. Real loose 1911s seem to run great and expert, hand fitted 1911s like Ed Browns, STIs (Jeff's gun falling apart excepted:):) and the like run great. It's when you get into manufacturers that stack tolerances that guys seem to have issues.

I can't get past the external safety with any of them:D Or the double offense of the external safety and grip safety:n00b:

joncor2577

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013

:popcorn:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Big difference between ammo problems (me and Mike) and parts just absolutely falling out (you know who):laugh:

Seems like if the guns don't work with ammo, then that is an issue. Just my way of looking at things though :)
    If the broke firing pins don't fall out I guess then they just sorta rattle around in there?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

LOL see that is the rub, you aren't shooting the right 1911! I don't think the SR is going to shed parts or jam up like those *other* guns ***cough***Kimber***cough*** :laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    If you want to know the true reason I bring a back-up gun (and just about every spare part for both guns, save the frames) give this a watch. Warning: your eyes might get a little dust in them. It's tough to watch.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDBZMYJmIU[/ame]

20 years of wind out of your tires, indeed. Thankfully, they didn't count the stage and let him run again, after the firing pin was replaced.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Seems like if the guns don't work with ammo, then that is an issue. Just my way of looking at things though :)
    If the broke firing pins don't fall out I guess then they just sorta rattle around in there?

I've never had a firing pin break- it's the firing pin spring that I'm brutal on. But the gun will still fire even with the spring broke (reloading with the firing pin hanging out becomes problematic though:laugh:).

Top Bottom