• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Sounds like you are on a roll! I think last year was my year for it. I can honestly say that I didn't much care for it either!

Spent some time working the 9mm yesterday before the WSSC IDPA meeting and I can deny it no longer....I am just a .45 ACP guy. Not that I am sad about that but I just shoot the .45 better. Still might put the 9 through the RB match on Saturday just to conserve .45 until July but it won't be easy.

Seems like I remember tackling you to avoid a loaded muzzle sweep last year:n00b:

Some guys are just tuned to the feel of a caliber. Kind of funny but if I run 38s, I shoot just as slow as I do with 45 when my splits could easily be cut in half.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Seems like I remember tackling you to avoid a loaded muzzle sweep last year:n00b:

Some guys are just tuned to the feel of a caliber. Kind of funny but if I run 38s, I shoot just as slow as I do with 45 when my splits could easily be cut in half.

I remember that one! Last year = No Es Bueno as far as muzzle sweeps. I think I saw the business end more often than a 3rd shift convenience store clerk! I appreciated that as much as I felt badly for the guy that did it. I know he felt awful, you could see it in his face after you moved me and Jeff took control of the gun. Stress is a wicked thing and a double-edged sword. It can push you to past fear but it can also cause some mental lapses.

Speed and accuracy for me. I can group better and shoot faster with the .45, doesn't matter if it is the M&P or the Glock. I do probably have 10 times as many .45 rounds down range than 9mm but you'd think it would be like shooting an airsoft gun going down to the 9. You won't catch me putting the M&P9 Pro or the G34 up for sale but even WHEN the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm probably grabbing the ol' .45 :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Speaking of shotguns, we are about due for a shotgun sidematch sometime soon, aren't we? I picked up a nice little 20 ga 870 at the Red Brush auction back in Feb and I haven't done a thing with it except clean it.

I think it should be this time, shouldn't it? :dunno: Seems like the rifle match was in February.

Mike- factory ammo this time, please:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think it should be this time, shouldn't it? :dunno: Seems like the rifle match was in February.

Mike- factory ammo this time, please:D

LOL that might be all that I have left! Shot has come down bit but everybody is still pretty proud of the dang wads so I haven't reloaded anything in a long time. Problems now is finding factory 12 ga...WalMart has been out of both 20 and 12 for a while.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    LOL that might be all that I have left! Shot has come down bit but everybody is still pretty proud of the dang wads so I haven't reloaded anything in a long time. Problems now is finding factory 12 ga...WalMart has been out of both 20 and 12 for a while.

These posts reminded me of the last time I saw Trockman in the sidematch. He had shells top and bottom on his side saddle and it looked impressive. Upon the first shot however, it looked like someone had tossed a bulk box in the air- shells went flying everywhere:laugh::laugh:

Best I recall, there was plenty of 12ga bulk at the Wal-Marts out my way. If you get in a bind and need some, let me know and I'll grab some on my next trip. 20ga, however, was slim even before the panic in my area.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    These posts reminded me of the last time I saw Trockman in the sidematch. He had shells top and bottom on his side saddle and it looked impressive. Upon the first shot however, it looked like someone had tossed a bulk box in the air- shells went flying everywhere:laugh::laugh:

Best I recall, there was plenty of 12ga bulk at the Wal-Marts out my way. If you get in a bind and need some, let me know and I'll grab some on my next trip. 20ga, however, was slim even before the panic in my area.

ok, I'll let you know. I managed a 100 pack of 20 gauge right after I bought the 870. It is a pretty thing, a Wingmaster, and as much as I hate to do it I think I'm going to put a nice tube extension on there eventually.

I've got a lot of slugs but held off on buying shotgun shells in favor of other purchases a bit more pressing. I need to get back in the mix of buying .45 bullets and large pistol primers when places start to accept online orders again.

I must have missed Jim's exploding ammo carrier LOL That would have been worth the price of admission to the side match :laugh:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    :eek:

I didn't know you saw it. I was planning to make it look like an accident:)

Of course, if you didn't see it, then chalk it up to 3 (actually 4, I saw Mike getting all sniperish on you one time because you wouldn't let him talk as much as he wanted). Pretty sure I saw Looney take aim once as well, after the RB time change. Just saying, the issue could be you Jeff:D

Seriously though, Jeff brings up a good safety reminder for us all- noobs to experienced guys, we all need to watch out for ourselves and others. Getting ventilated at a match would take all the fun out of the day.

Wait, how did I get involved in this? ;)

I understand SBCExpertMan dislikes loaded rifles being pointed at his back.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I understand SBCExpertMan dislikes loaded rifles being pointed at his back.

Indeed, he does. I propose that from hence forth anyone found muzzeling someone else shall be immediately pistol whipped without warning.

I would propose the same for brass rats, but that might be taking it too far. I'll just continue to step on them:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Indeed, he does. I propose that from hence forth anyone found muzzeling someone else shall be immediately pistol whipped without warning.

I would propose the same for brass rats, but that might be taking it too far. I'll just continue to step on them:D

There must be a special club for that. I remember Matt V and I being down range during a rifle match and we both heard an AR going hot. Yikes! LOL

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    There must be a special club for that. I remember Matt V and I being down range during a rifle match and we both heard an AR going hot. Yikes! LOL

:n00b:

In my opinion, it would be beneficial for the club to have a standing gun rack for the sidematches. All weapons get put there until you're up to shoot. Perhaps a few encouraging words also such as "this is not the place to figure out if your red dot works- do that at home." And "according to new policy, anyone muzzleing anyone else will be pistol whipped." :):

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    :n00b:

In my opinion, it would be beneficial for the club to have a standing gun rack for the sidematches. All weapons get put there until you're up to shoot. Perhaps a few encouraging words also such as "this is not the place to figure out if your red dot works- do that at home." And "according to new policy, anyone muzzleing anyone else will be pistol whipped." :):

With Bay 6 being the primary there isn't much there except what table can be drug out there on a pickup. If they could manage to use some of the other bays it might be a bit safer and easier, too.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    With Bay 6 being the primary there isn't much there except what table can be drug out there on a pickup. If they could manage to use some of the other bays it might be a bit safer and easier, too.

The last shotgun match I was at was held in the house- KILLER!

I'm talking about a portable stand. But, they do have to be a little on the heavy side and that adds more labor in set-up, tear down and so forth.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just saying, the issue could be you Jeff:D

That is a fair point, *******.

At Owensboro last month a shooter managed to point a loaded gun at the s.o.'s head (not me this time, they do not know me well enough), I think he was pulling the gun back from shooting through a hole in the wall & trying to get a jump on moving to the next target (or something like that).
    Can't imagine how ugly that looks.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just got the email from Steve- no mention of a sidematch. He said to check out the website, so I did, with hopes the classifier scores would be up. Negative.

Round count of 150-200. We don't need no stinkin 18 round courses. Guess we're going to get a little USPSA style this weekend:D Gotta admit, I kind of laughed at that one. I've got emails from Atlanta and Sellersberg saying they are keeping counts in the 60s this Saturday due to the shortage:laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    That is a fair point, *******.

At Owensboro last month a shooter managed to point a loaded gun at the s.o.'s head (not me this time, they do not know me well enough), I think he was pulling the gun back from shooting through a hole in the wall & trying to get a jump on moving to the next target (or something like that).
    Can't imagine how ugly that looks.

Yikes! I've never seen that happen, and hope I never do.

SOing (ROing in USPSA) is getting to be dangerous business!

Top Bottom