• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Rifle and Shotgun side matches seem to involve a ton of props and that means a ton of tear down time, too. And the rifle matches to seem to involve a ton of walking back and forth for pasting and resetting with a dwindling number of shooters. Most times once a shooter is done they leave and after a marathon day of IDPA I can't say that I blame them. Plus, trying to find the right balance for a rifle match is hard when you are pinched for time. Nobody wants to stand around and shoot another 4 COF's after standing around and shooting 6 or more COF's in the previous 4 hours. You have to start your side-match by 1:30 or 2:00 or you're in for a LONG LONG LONG day with rifle or shotgun. Cost is also a factor when considering a rifle side-match. When you add up the cost of the ammo plus the match fee and figure you are only getting 1 COF it seems very pricey especially if steel targets are involved and you have to pick up factory ammo at $0.50 a round. Rifle and shotgun need their own matches with 4-6 COF's and a better class/division system, IMHO.

I don't know if it is the rifle and shotgun is just harder to work out or if the BUG is just that much better to work with. I absolutely love the BUG and hope they expand the rules even if it would just allow for strong-side holstering to make for more flexibility in course design.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Isn't there already a tactical rifle club thing, plus sub gun and the other 20 things RB does on various evenings/weekends?

I think the BUG match fits right in with the standard Idpa match. Rifle and shotgun seems fun, but definitely shoe-horned on the end of a pistol match. :twocents:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Had sort of forgotten about that idea until you posted. Seemed like a cool concept to me that was worth a try. I don't guess anything ever came of it or else it was a "secret team" things like classifiers.

It is a go for Saturday.
    There will be prizes :).

Rifle and Shotgun side matches seem to involve a ton of props and that means a ton of tear down time, too. And the rifle matches to seem to involve a ton of walking back and forth for pasting and resetting with a dwindling number of shooters. .

And what really sucks is when the guy what set it up has to leave due to fainting spells, you are stuck with the timer and are trying to sprint behind younger shooters on a flipping triathlon course, and it is the most miserable hot day in the flipping history of the flipping world.

Mike.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    And what really sucks is when the guy what set it up has to leave due to fainting spells, you are stuck with the timer and are trying to sprint behind younger shooters on a flipping triathlon course, and it is the most miserable hot day in the flipping history of the flipping world.

Mike.

:owned:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It is a go for Saturday.
    There will be prizes :).

Mike.

No, what REALLY REALLY sucks is nearly having to die before other people shut their cake holes and step up to help! :laugh: And I didn't even get my $5.00 discount for coming to help! I'm done with almost dying to get a COF off the ground here. No more for me, thanks!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Ok has anyone gotten any information on tomorrow's match? I guess they are still sending out the match info to my old email address. I have no idea of round count or anything that is happening up there this weekend.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Ok has anyone gotten any information on tomorrow's match? I guess they are still sending out the match info to my old email address. I have no idea of round count or anything that is happening up there this weekend.
    I have not gotten an email but was told a month or so back that it will be considered a normal match with normal squad sizes, embedded in the squads will be the 4 member teams that have either already signed up or will do so at match time. Handicaps will be in place per your highest classification regardless of which gun you choose to run that day, so bring your fastest rig.:shoot:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Odds are it will start at the normal time and you will need to bring a normal amount of ammo.

This has been a public service message.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I had no idea we had superheroes among us! Captain Obvious lives! or is it Captain Oblivious? xD LOLOL

When panic arises we appear!

Chance of showers though.

attachment.php

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    "Backstroke to P2 and engage Asian Carp in tactical priority"
    For a second I was worried that was a recent photo then noticed no leaves on the trees

So stoked for the next two weeks and matches. We are here to kick butt & chew bubble gum, and we're all out of bubble gum!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    "Backstroke to P2 and engage Asian Carp in tactical priority"
    For a second I was worried that was a recent photo then noticed no leaves on the trees

So stoked for the next two weeks and matches. We are here to kick butt & chew bubble gum, and we're all out of bubble gum!

Damn! somebody must have leaked some course descriptions from the rainy weather COF files!

Man I am ready for some, too! Any idea of round count for tomorrow? I think any match info is going to my old email address so I have no idea of what is happening aside from what jeff posted.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Damn! somebody must have leaked some course descriptions from the rainy weather COF files!

Man I am ready for some, too! Any idea of round count for tomorrow? I think any match info is going to my old email address so I have no idea of what is happening aside from what jeff posted.

Went to Gander to look for 9mm in the "normal amount" count box but they were out of stock.
    Haven't seen any info, trying to recall if Brad mentioned those details at the beginning of last month's classifier but I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast. Not gonna happen.

Not that they would have to resort to dirty tricks to snag stuff off the prize table, but maybe they are hoping people will run out of ammo... win by default :)

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I need to beg for a favor, friend from out of town is going to join me tomorrow. He only brought 2 mags, needs a third. If you could loan out a 1911, i'd appreciate it. He is a first time shooter, hope to create another addiction. I'm Dave, and Ill have a Black EOTech hat. Thanks in advance.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    I need to beg for a favor, friend from out of town is going to join me tomorrow. He only brought 2 mags, needs a third. If you could loan out a 1911, i'd appreciate it. He is a first time shooter, hope to create another addiction. I'm Dave, and Ill have a Black EOTech hat. Thanks in advance.
    I will bring one.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom