• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I know a lot of these "drop-in" parts might require a bit of fitting or whatnot, but adding in unneeded overtravel and/or freezing your gun to get it to function 100% during various weather changes seems a bit far fetched/ridiculous.
    I suppose if it only had issues when it was 5°F or less, that might be mildly acceptable.

Also, no dry-firing without snapcaps? Whatever, I guess... still seems kinda dumb, much like all those med commercials, where the list of side-effects, such as anal bleeding and possibly death, far outweigh any benefit you could really get from them in the first place. :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I know a lot of these "drop-in" parts might require a bit of fitting or whatnot, but adding in unneeded overtravel and/or freezing your gun to get it to function 100% during various weather changes seems a bit far fetched/ridiculous.
    I suppose if it only had issues when it was 5°F or less, that might be mildly acceptable.

Also, no dry-firing without snapcaps? Whatever, I guess... still seems kinda dumb, much like all those med commercials, where the list of side-effects, such as anal bleeding and possibly death, far outweigh any benefit you could really get from them in the first place. :laugh:

Lol and here I though I was going to go all day without hearing about anal bleeding LOLOL

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I need to get some ammo put together, see if everything works as well with 5 cases in the shell plate as it did with just one at a time while I was getting dies set up. :cowbell:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Awesome. I got my M&P back from Smith today. List of various parts with two columns for repair and replaced... nothing checked in either column, totally vague repair order sheet which doesn't mention anything done to it outside of "Evaluate/Repair/Adjust Trigger Pull". The trigger feels the same and still gauges over 8 lbs easily. They did send a free mag back in the case I guess. Not really what I was hoping or expecting from their CS, based on glowing reviews from around the net, not to mention Dusty's previous returns. :noway:

Oh well, guess it's time to polish some parts and/or get an Apex kit, because this trigger is dog shat. I also don't subscribe to the idea that you should have to run 1.5-3k+ rounds thru it before it "breaks in/gets smoothed out" :puke:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Great to hear you got at least a free mag! I haven't scored poo from any of the times I've sent any gun in. Hopefully a range trip will sort out if they cured the pistol's issues!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Great to hear you got at least a free mag! I haven't scored poo from any of the times I've sent any gun in. Hopefully a range trip will sort out if they cured the pistol's issues!

You have too! You got a brand new barrel, free of charge. :laugh:

I have a funny feeling not much will have changedwith mine, at least what little I can glean from the paperwork they sent back.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Oh well, guess it's time to polish some parts and/or get an Apex kit, because this trigger is dog shat. I also don't subscribe to the idea that you should have to run 1.5-3k+ rounds thru it before it "breaks in/gets smoothed out" :puke:

It is a perilous journey that you begin ,but a good trigger kit is such a way cool thing to have, just beware of the parts junkie addiction, or join us and allow your uniqueness to be assimilated into the whole.

My experience with break in is that you might get that last little bit of trigger improvement, zero is liable to change and need readjusting once or twice, and reliability might indeed make a notable improvement as clearance gets ground out where it needs to be ,but, and this is kind of a butt of a but, if it ain't right new it ain't a gonna get right.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I don't think that will happen, even though the XD and Beretta were two of my early choices when first gun shopping. Didn't care for the weirdo safety on the 92 and the XD felt like what most will say a Glock feels like the first time. :laugh:
    The 1911 also felt kinda blocky to me... not the worst, but not the best by a long shot.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't think that will happen, even though the XD and Beretta were two of my early choices when first gun shopping. Didn't care for the weirdo safety on the 92 and the XD felt like what most will say a Glock feels like the first time. :laugh:
    The 1911 also felt kinda blocky to me... not the worst, but not the best by a long shot.

I think the proof has been in the M&P Pudding so to speak because when you shoot the M&P Pro you do very well but the M&P9 standard version seems to have problems no matter who shoots it. I think they could have gotten it worked out but it my just need a new trigger assembly or a few trigger parts to work it out.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Anybody else pretty much quit shooting when the weather got hot?

Am wondering how guilty to feel about taking a 3 week break, something about sweaty eyes & soggy undies just kills my motivation to practice.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    You know, I think about going out to shoot daily... Until I walk out of work at 3pm and feel like I'm about to melt within the first 5 seconds I'm outside. :laugh:
    I believe September will have to be super practice month, assuming it's not still 100 degrees daily.

Got some new bullets and powder to try out, see if I want to change anything before the Kolonel.

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Am wondering how guilty to feel about taking a 3 week break, something about sweaty eyes & soggy undies just kills my motivation to practice.

I try to practice but I've had a few too many run ins with death on the range due to the heat! An evening shoot for a bit isn't too bad but I was pretty wiped out after the Classifier marathon at WSSC a few weekends ago. I couldn't imagine doing it again during this heat. Hopefully by the time RB and WSSC matches come round it'll be way cooler!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You know, I think about going out to shoot daily... Until I walk out of work at 3pm and feel like I'm about to melt within the first 5 seconds I'm outside. :laugh:
    I believe September will have to be super practice month, assuming it's not still 100 degrees daily.

Got some new bullets and powder to try out, see if I want to change anything before the Kolonel.

I'm still running Unique but I'm doing to 4.5 grains with the 124 and I'm happy with that recipe. I did, however, start reloading for .380 if you can believe that! The LCP coupled with that G42 have given me the Fizz and The Jollies for the .380 which is something I would have never thought possible!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I'm still running Unique but I'm doing to 4.5 grains with the 124 and I'm happy with that recipe. I did, however, start reloading for .380 if you can believe that! The LCP coupled with that G42 have given me the Fizz and The Jollies for the .380 which is something I would have never thought possible!

I've still got some of the Montana 147's as well as the new ones Looney and I shared. I haven't had particularly good luck with the 147's and Titegroup from the bit of testing I've done, maybe 124gr will end up my go to weight.
    I also picked up a pound of that new Hodgdon CFE to try out. Don't really care about the "copper eraser" part of it, just figured I'd try something that's literally brand new this year.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon

No quitting here, still shooting about 2 hours per week, practicing draw and grip about three nights a week. Trying to get the 1911 warmed up but just cant get past the unexplained lack of interest in this firearm, everytime I spend time with it I want my XDM back in my holster, so with that distraction I dont know if I will get far with this CDP run. I have heard tell of soggy undies comes with age, just sayin.:rofl:

Top Bottom