• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Can scratch the SA XDM 5.25 off my bucket list! SA's 3 free mag promotion put me over the top.

Now for a holster...
    Awesome! I wondered if any of the mfgs would start doing the free mag promos again. Guess sales have slowed enough that need a way to push them up again. :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Can scratch the SA XDM 5.25 off my bucket list! SA's 3 free mag promotion put me over the top.

Now for a holster...

I'm thinking the Xdm & XD use the same mag pouch?
    Stock issue is not bad, I've got a comp-tac double mag pouch if you want to get the feel of it.
    I don't really like the new style comp-tac 2 piece holsters, I think that is just because that they are spaced farther off the belt than everything else I have though (feel wobbly and in the wrong place in comparison). Your mileage may vary.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Nice!!! Comp-Tac in your future? All the cool kids are wearing them these days :D

guess I'll just have to man the Glock ship all on my own from here on out!

I could only handle so much perfection :):
    Not sure on the holster. The comp-tac international is really the only one I've used for any period of time. Nothing to compare it to except the stock XD holster...which is no comparison

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Awesome! I wondered if any of the mfgs would start doing the free mag promos again. Guess sales have slowed enough that need a way to push them up again. :D

SA's promo goes until August I think. At roughly $40 a mag for this pistol, a pretty good incentive. I'm half anticipating the dreaded "supplies are out" email. 8-12 weeks for delivery but they are free!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I'm thinking the Xdm & XD use the same mag pouch?
    Stock issue is not bad, I've got a comp-tac double mag pouch if you want to get the feel of it.
    I don't really like the new style comp-tac 2 piece holsters, I think that is just because that they are spaced farther off the belt than everything else I have though (feel wobbly and in the wrong place in comparison). Your mileage may vary.

they do share the same mag pouch, I tried mags from my XD9 & vice versa. Nice thing about the 5.25 mags is they are longer, stick out a little further & so easier to get better purchase on them when reloading. At least that is my perception after 1 night of fooling with them. If you have the double mag pouch with you at next event I would like to try it... I don't have a broad frame of reference on different gear.

Holster... Comp-Tac or Blade-Tech... Blade -Tech just sounds really cool, kind of operator-ish :ar15:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I've never tried a blade tek, but if I didn't go with the Comp international, I'd check out the tek next.
    I've kinda wondered about Safariland stuff a few times.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've owned one Blade-Tech holster and it was nice. Safariland makes good stuff, too. It would be very hard to go with a competition holster other than Comp-Tac after owning and using one for such a long time now.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I got bit again, $120 in FREE mags. and a gun at 10% over cost put me over the top also.:thumbsup:
    Nice! What did you get?
    I have to take back my skepticism on the mags, got an email today that they shipped already!

we should start a support group...the 1st step in getting help is admitting that you need it

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Nice! What did you get?
    I have to take back my skepticism on the mags, got an email today that they shipped already!

we should start a support group...the 1st step in getting help is admitting that you need it
    XDM 4.5 is the new one,I have two 5.25 and love them both, one in ssp and one with crazy mods for esp. You need the" powder river" trigger tho. And Im for the support group thingy lol!:ar15:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    , one in ssp and one with crazy mods for esp. You need the" powder river" trigger tho. And Im for the support group thingy lol!:ar15:

Being that I am old and grouchy it may be best to disregard, anyway, am per-ter-bed at powder river.
    I think they make a good trigger, but they know that it puts guns in esp because it is a visible mod (I asked them on the phone). They also know that if you don't build a little excess overtravel into the trigger then the gun will not fire when it gets cold (phone again & well known if you google around a bit), most folks use a freezer and keep tweaking until a cold gun will fire, I asked them why they don't mention this anywhere and got a 'well, maybe we should, type answer.
    If you go beyond the trigger & get lightened parts then the parts come with a warning that the gun can not be dry fired without snap caps (nothing about this said on their website or web instructions anywhere).
    Their rubber grip stick ons will last for maybe 3 trips to the range before they peel off and make you crazy.
    Etc.

Triggers work good and I've already got them so I guess I'll stay as is, but I really wish I would have known that prp is not grouchy old fart compatible (or ssp for that matter) and gone with springer precision.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Being that I am old and grouchy it may be best to disregard, anyway, am per-ter-bed at powder river.
    I think they make a good trigger, but it for back-uphey know that it puts guns in esp because it is a visible mod (I asked them on the phone). They also know that if you don't build a little excess overtravel into the trigger then the gun will not fire when it gets cold (phone again & well known if you google around a bit), most folks use a freezer and keep tweaking until a cold gun will fire, I asked them why they don't mention this anywhere and got a 'well, maybe we should, type answer.
    If you go beyond the trigger & get lightened parts then the parts come with a warning that the gun can not be dry fired without snap caps (nothing about this said on their website or web instructions anywhere).
    Their rubber grip stick ons will last for maybe 3 trips to the range before they peel off and make you crazy.
    Etc.

Triggers work good and I've already got them so I guess I'll stay as is, but I really wish I would have known that prp is not grouchy old fart compatible (or ssp for that matter) and gone with springer precision.

Roger that on the freezing the gun thing, mine has been done proper by an expert at this type of work, and I have not done any mods to the ssp 5.25, but mainly got it for back-up at major matches. Do not like the stick ons for grip.:rockwoot:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I have a comp-tac international you are welcome to try in the near future for your 5.25, for I will be running CDP rig for couple months.:cool:
    Thanks, that would be appreciated! I have one for the Glock & it has served me well, not sure if they have changed the design since I got that one. I need to just gut up & order one, I plan on using the 5.25 exclusively for the next 12 mo's.

"I think they make a good trigger, but they know that it puts guns in esp because it is a visible mod (I asked them on the phone). They also know that if you don't build a little excess overtravel into the trigger then the gun will not fire when it gets cold"

I have the PRP trigger on my XD9 3.8", really like it, was not aware of the cold weather issues...I don't function well in cold weather so probably why I didn't notice. I was aware that it automatically bumped you into ESP. Agree would be nice if could design a trigger that didn't have that consequence.

Top Bottom