• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yep, that would be a PE. Even if you picked it up, it's still a PE. Except for reloading, anytime a mag is dropped out of its carrier, it shall recieve an index finger in the air.:oldwise: (Example given- Jeff as SO:)) Dropping the mag you're trying to reload and picking it up would be fine, but not an extra one.

A penalty will be assessed any time a loaded ammunition-feeding device (magazine, speed loader, or full moon clip) is dislodged and falls out of an ammunition carrier during a course of fire.
    Ammunition carrier: Any location a shooter chooses to store a loaded or partially loaded ammunition-feeding device.
    Dropping a loaded magazine or speed loader/moon clip during a reload does not incur a penalty as long as the shooter retrieves and properly stows the loaded magazine or speed loader/moon clip prior to the firing of the last shot in the string of fire.
    Malfunction Clearing Exception: When clearing a malfunction, the magazine or speed loader/moon clip and /or ammunition that may have caused the malfunction does not need to be retained by the shooter and will incur no penalty if dropped.

Don't see any problem with that basepad. So long as everything fit the box and the pads don't add 1.5 ounces over stock, you'd be good to go.

How in the world would a safety checker know how much a factory CZ magazine weighed???? :laugh:

I would argue that it didn't 'fall' out. It was accidentally removed and the magazine carrier had the proper amount of retention to hold it in place according to the rules. I know it would probably be called as a PE but I'd still argue it LOL

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Don't see any problem with that basepad. So long as everything fit the box and the pads don't add 1.5 ounces over stock, you'd be good to go.

How in the world would a safety checker know how much a factory CZ magazine weighed???? :laugh:

Well, it was more of a question of non-factory addons, not so much the weight thing.
    Seems you can have two things of equal non-importance... one they won't blink an eye at and in the other case, it's like the world will end. :dunno:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    LOL you got that right... I was sweating the entire 'equipment check' thing at Sellersberg, not because I was trying to push the limit but because I had never been through one and would have kicked myself if I'd have missed something by millimeters. I don't know that they'd ever know what was up with the basepads since there could be many aftermarket mag manufacturers out there. Like TJ said, if it fits in the box and the gun and mag together make weight you should be good to go all around.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Mike- Hey, I'm always up for a nice argument between a shooter and SO, but when you do that just know that it has nothing to do with retention and everything to do with it coming out. Whether it fumbles out, is knocked out or beamed up by Scotty and transported back, you're getting hit with that PE:laugh: Also, "accidentally removed by my thumb catching the mag lip" is very akin to "dislodged and falls out":D

On second thought, I wouldn't issue it if Scotty beamed it up and back. That would just be too cool--and impressive since he's dead.

Random Squirrel Fact About T.J.- I met the man in Evansville one time.

Continuing on....

Brent- Mike got it right, they are fine as long as they don't add too much weight to the magazine and/or gun and fit the box.:yesway:

Alright gents, I'm out till this last major is wrapped up. Ya'll shoot well tomorrow, I expect to see a bunch of new MAs :rockwoot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Mike- Hey, I'm always up for a nice argument between a shooter and SO, but when you do that just know that it has nothing to do with retention and everything to do with it coming out. Whether it fumbles out, is knocked out or beamed up by Scotty and transported back, you're getting hit with that PE:laugh: Also, "accidentally removed by my thumb catching the mag lip" is very akin to "dislodged and falls out":D

On second thought, I wouldn't issue it if Scotty beamed it up and back. That would just be too cool--and impressive since he's dead.

Random Squirrel Fact About T.J.- I met the man in Evansville one time.

Continuing on....

Brent- Mike got it right, they are fine as long as they don't add too much weight to the magazine and/or gun and fit the box.:yesway:

Alright gents, I'm out till this last major is wrapped up. Ya'll shoot well tomorrow, I expect to see a bunch of new MAs :rockwoot:

I figured as much on the call but I'd still say 'Then why doesn't it specifically say "comes out for any other reason other than to be the primary magazine for reloading" huh? It specifically says "falls out"! LOL

Good luck to the Tennessee Travelers tomorrow! I expect to hear some good reports!!!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I figured as much on the call but I'd still say 'Then why doesn't it specifically say "comes out for any other reason other than to be the primary magazine for reloading" huh? It specifically says "falls out"! LOL

Good luck to the Tennessee Travelers tomorrow! I expect to hear some good reports!!!

Only Brent will get this but I was channeling my inner Fox LOL :D

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Only Brent will get this but I was channeling my inner Fox LOL :D

RULES LAWYERING, HOOOOOOO!!!! :laugh:

Concerning a previous conversation, I believe I've found TJ's requested IPSC/IDPA gun. No joke, it's called the Czechmate Parrot 9mm Open (not photoshopped), and it's amazing.

CZCM_1638a.jpg
    Personally, I'd dual-wield them. :spend:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Well, pretty good day out at Redbrush... a little cold, a little warm, little bit of rain. Nothing new for the range really.

If I added up my times correctly, I didn't really come as close to hitting SS as I thought I "might" have. I think my final time ended up being 157.05, all said and done. :P
    But, I suppose it's leaps and bounds better than the 209.66 I got back in August... that wouldn't have even got me into MM under new time changes. :laugh:

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well, pretty good day out at Redbrush... a little cold, a little warm, little bit of rain. Nothing new for the range really.

If I added up my times correctly, I didn't really come as close to hitting SS as I thought I "might" have. I think my final time ended up being 157.05, all said and done. :P
    But, I suppose it's leaps and bounds better than the 209.66 I got back in August... that wouldn't have even got me into MM under new time changes. :laugh:

Awesome! Not bad for using a piece you'd never shot before!

if i did mine right I just eeked in under he EX mark lol like by .08 seconds or something lol but it was still an EX run!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Music City cup notes;

TJ did well again, I think all of us had fun!!

At least 1 person DQ'd on 2nd trigger call, two people on my squad had one. Personally I think the DQ on number 2 is a very good rule, but I'd rather learn the lesson at a local $20.00 match.

2 people on my squad were allowed to shoot but DQ'd as far as scores go because guns with mags no fitty boxie. I was not one of them :).

Some stages cover was called super tight and on others it was really lax.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Music City cup notes;

TJ did well again, I think all of us had fun!!

At least 1 person DQ'd on 2nd trigger call, two people on my squad had one. Personally I think the DQ on number 2 is a very good rule, but I'd rather learn the lesson at a local $20.00 match.

2 people on my squad were allowed to shoot but DQ'd as far as scores go because guns with mags no fitty boxie. I was not one of them :).

Some stages cover was called super tight and on others it was really lax.

cover always seems to be subject to interpretation and I think that the COF in sellersberg did it right by going to low cover to help eliminate questionable calls. At least you had fun. How would you compare this match with The Kolonel?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    cover always seems to be subject to interpretation and I think that the COF in sellersberg did it right by going to low cover to help eliminate questionable calls. At least you had fun. How would you compare this match with The Kolonel?

Can't speak for Jeff but it was sunny with a pleasant breeze and had a high of around 60 degrees. I'm going to put it at 1000x better than the Kolonel:laugh:

COF wise, about the same with an edge going to the Music City Cup. Range layout goes to Sellersberg. Prize table goes to Music City Cup. As cool as the tactical purse is, it doesn't beat the $500 coupon I got from Nighthawk Custom:rockwoot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Can't speak for Jeff but it was sunny with a pleasant breeze and had a high of around 60 degrees. I'm going to put it at 1000x better than the Kolonel:laugh:

COF wise, about the same with an edge going to the Music City Cup. Range layout goes to Sellersberg. Prize table goes to Music City Cup. As cool as the tactical purse is, it doesn't beat the $500 coupon I got from Nighthawk Custom:rockwoot:

awesome! $500 towards a Nighthawk....going to see some 1911 in the future? Of course $500 towards a Knighthawk is a bit like having a 10% off coupon from Lamborghini :D I kid, I kid... that is fantastic! I think Sellersberg and Music City will be on my list for next year, most definitely!

any scores to share?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    awesome! $500 towards a Nighthawk....going to see some 1911 in the future? Of course $500 towards a Knighthawk is a bit like having a 10% off coupon from Lamborghini :D I kid, I kid... that is fantastic! I think Sellersberg and Music City will be on my list for next year, most definitely!

any scores to share?

That's exactly what I was telling people "With this coupon I'm now only $2000 away from a gun I can't afford":laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    3 of the 5 Division Champs from the Music City Cup. All of us was on the Super Squad, which was cool. Guy in the middle is Kirk Crego (SSR Division Champ), guy on the right is Morgan Allen (ESP Division Champ). Kirk and I got double trophies because Mike didn't want to throw the 1st ESR/MA and 1st SSR/MA trophies away:laugh: Morgan would later get another one for most accurate.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    http://www.mctsclub.com/MCTS_Cup2013_Final_Results.pdf

Brad had a bad day & Don had gun problems but neither finished too much below normal.

And let's not forget that Jeff had a respectable finish as well:yesway: Although I bet he was sweating the box check:laugh:

Talking with some revolver guys after the match, it looks like both divisions may just empty out next year. Kirk even said he was going to run CDP at the Cup, but decided to stay with his 686 because he's shooting the BUG nats with a 686 as well. Of course, we all might run bottom feeders for a while only to come right back to the wheelgun. We'll see.

I know by watching Morgan run that I have a bunch of skills to gain before I can really be competitive in ESP. It's amazing how guys like him absolutely drive these guns. I've seen the top CDP guys run as well, and they push hard but not as hard as the ESP dudes. Going to be a good challenge!

Top Bottom