• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    This was the swill I had to drink all last week.
    66631002_721622941599400_2907420488084774167_n.jpg

The Czechs seem to be the only commies that make decent beer.
    I read a review in a foreign language that I think called it "whale ****".

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    My go to beer, when I can find it
    View attachment 79816
    I have had a few Ayingers. I'm partial to Bavarian dunkels. Where do you find it? I'll only buy a couple of bottles to try it out and promise to let you know if I find it somewhere. I usually make an annual beer run to Jungle Jim's, but haven't seen this one.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Having cemented my position as an Iron Maiden fanboy, its only natural I had to try their Trooper branded beer, and this **** is pretty good. The Trooper English Ale at least. The Sun and Steel Sake Lager is good too but nothing special really.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I have had a few Ayingers. I'm partial to Bavarian dunkels. Where do you find it? I'll only buy a couple of bottles to try it out and promise to let you know if I find it somewhere. I usually make an annual beer run to Jungle Jim's, but haven't seen this one.

I have found it at Crown Liquors on 96th near I-69. Their store in Noblesville didn't have any when I was there a few weeks ago, but have had it in the past. Usually $2.99 per 16.9 oz. bottle. I haven't seen it in any store in my area (near Kokomo). When I do find it, I usually only buy a couple bottles, although I've thought about buying them all, just to make the store manager think it's worthwhile to keep on the shelf

I really like this style as well. Let me know if you have any other recommendations

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One of my favorite Oktoberfest beers, from Upland Brewing, seems to have finally made its way up north.:rockwoot:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Recently visited Bonaire in the southern Caribbean. Pretty phenomenal trip, and the snorkeling/diving is unparalleled. I'm a big fan of basic Euro beers, and with its connection to the Netherlands, there were plenty of ice cold pale lagers to beat Bonaire's intense heat. Here's a small sampling of what I found in a Chinese market just down the road from my place. I also put back more than a few Venezuelan beers, though most were little more than cold corn water.

Always like finding new stuff on trips. Not pictured, but by far my favorite beer of the trip - Amstel Bright. The Dutch Caribbean's take on Corona, and hands down a better brew in my opinion. Cheers!

gbWOTI2h.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Having cemented my position as an Iron Maiden fanboy, its only natural I had to try their Trooper branded beer, and this **** is pretty good. The Trooper English Ale at least. The Sun and Steel Sake Lager is good too but nothing special really.

"Trooper" is pretty decent. The "666 Trooper" was fine as well (slightly higher alcohol content, 6.6%)
    Didn't like the porter "Red and the Black"
    Have not tried their "Light Brigade".
    Did order some of the "Hallowed" ............PITA to get. It was VERY good.
    Kid said "Sun and Steel" is at Kumas.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spent the weekend in St Louis visiting the kid. Discovered this one at a bar near his house...

6b0b1bfa-c8e9-4363-8bea-26620ede7f2a_1.18eb95f45bb253a71f12b15dec9f5ed5.jpeg

Great to see that there's a brewery in St Louis actually making good beer.;)

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I have found it at Crown Liquors on 96th near I-69. Their store in Noblesville didn't have any when I was there a few weeks ago, but have had it in the past. Usually $2.99 per 16.9 oz. bottle. I haven't seen it in any store in my area (near Kokomo). When I do find it, I usually only buy a couple bottles, although I've thought about buying them all, just to make the store manager think it's worthwhile to keep on the shelf

I really like this style as well. Let me know if you have any other recommendations
    I've come over from double bocks like Weihenstephaner Korbinian, Spaten Optimator, Paulaner Salvatore to the dark wheats.
    My favorite of the last 2-3 years is Erdinger Hefe Weizen Dunkel.

Top Bottom