• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    I went to Louisville KY. a couple of weeks ago. We ate at Momma's bbq joint. It was great. While there I ran across some Falls City. I thought it was a lost beer. Well I had to try it to see if it was the same as back in the 80's. It was even better.... I wish they would sell it in central IN.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I went to Louisville KY. a couple of weeks ago. We ate at Momma's bbq joint. It was great. While there I ran across some Falls City. I thought it was a lost beer. Well I had to try it to see if it was the same as back in the 80's. It was even better.... I wish they would sell it in central IN.
    We frequent a seafood restaurant on the Indiana side of the river and they occasionally feature Falls city on their tap list. Once when we were there, I asked our waiter, who was a guy about my age, if they still had Falls city on tap and he just kinda laughed and said “yeah right”. It was no big deal to me, so I ordered a different beer and the waiter scurried away. A few minutes later, he returns, and the bartender, who I know, was standing behind him with a Huge mug of Falls City! The waiter says “I’m so sorry, I thought you were messing with me, I haven’t heard of Falls City beer in 30 years, so I told the bartender some guy asked if we had it and I thought HE was messing with me when he said, yeah we have that”. They tried to give me a free beer, but I thought it was hilarious. Yeah, it’s good stuff.:yesway:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh yeah, next time you’re down this way, stop by the Keg in Clarksville, they always have Falls city and all it’s variations in stock.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh yeah, next time you’re down this way, stop by the Keg in Clarksville, they always have Falls city and all it’s variations in stock.

So this ain't the same as the Falls City I remember from back in the 80s? I saw it in the "good beer" cooler in Crown Liquors sometime back. It said "anti-hipster lager" so it must be better.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So this ain't the same as the Falls City I remember from back in the 80s? I saw it in the "good beer" cooler in Crown Liquors sometime back. It said "anti-hipster lager" so it must be better.
    You saw Hipster repellent, it’s an IPA, and pretty damn good. They make the original recipe, which predates the cheap crap from the 70s and early 80s. They also make one called red rye ale, and it is amazing! The brewery/taproom is at 7th and Main in downtown Looavull, or at least right around that area, I’ve been there once, but it was probably 2 years ago.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You saw Hipster repellent, it’s an IPA, and pretty damn good. They make the original recipe, which predates the cheap crap from the 70s and early 80s. They also make one called red rye ale, and it is amazing! The brewery/taproom is at 7th and Main in downtown Looavull, or at least right around that area, I’ve been there once, but it was probably 2 years ago.

I didn't realize Falls City was good "way back in the day". Just "back in the day" it was awful. I mean one sip and you ask, "Is this old, flat, or both?"

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being in South Bend, do yourself a favor and visit the Crooked Ewe. I recommend their Wampus Monster DIPA. Even if you don't like IPAs.
    9acbf1d7ccc0829875e5c946ec2ee459.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Had a plain ol' Guinness Stout the other day while burning some cow. I'd forgotten how good it was even out of a bottle.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We’re in Lafayette Louisiana visiting my oldest son, went to a brewery in Arnoudville LA earlier today called Bayou Teche. Awesome place, way out in the middle of nowhere, a really nice young man asked where we were from as we were ordering a beer flight, when we said Indiana, he looked surprised and asked my son if he was in college down here, to which my son answered no. Young guy turned and looked at me and asked “then how in the world did you wind up HERE”:): We had a great time sampling some really good beer and one of the best brick oven pizzas I’ve had. Great conversation with the guys at the bar, and I mentioned how cool a tin sign they had hanging on the wall was and one of the guys actually got a screwdriver and took it off the wall and sold it to me!

Long story short, if you ever find yourself in southern Louisiana and feel like going for a drive Way off the beaten path, look this place up, you won’t be disappointed.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I used to like Newcastle.They moved production from the Netherlands to Lagunitas in Chicago.The flavor now is weird..Used to like Killian's when I could get case for $16:00, but they stopped selling cases,and think they are a premium beer now,and only sell it in 12's for $12 plus.I really liked SA Summer Shandy,but fall is here,and the Oktoberfest is in season. I just get the SA mix pack for myself and keep some light beer around.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I like SA octoberfest, some years are better than others, but so far I’m liking this years batch. Yuengling octoberfest is really good, too, and it seems more consistent from year to year.
    I picked up some Yuengling Octoberfest. I like it. I think I will try Leinenkugal Octoberfest next. Then Sierra Nevada.

Last edited:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I picked up some Yuengling Octoberfest. I like it. I think I will try Leinenkugal Octoberfest next. Then Sierra Nevada.

In order... SN Oktoberfest, SA Oktoberfest, Yuengling Oktoberfest, then Leiney's Oktoberfest. That's at least for the mass production beers.

Currently digging ROAK Ice Cream Man kettle sour ale. Easy drinking, light and refreshing to end the summer.

Top Bottom