Not open for further replies.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Speaking of shoes... I need new ones. :):

LMAO. I am in the same boat. I have two pair of Keen work boots I bought for the non-slip soles. They worked decent but the soles are too soft and are cut up from walking on grates.

So after installing an electric fuel pump, new plugs, a rebuilt temp gauge, a seat adjuster lever, having the carburetor rebuilt, installing a new mechanical fuel pump, fixing the arm on the vacuum advance, and resetting the timing, the 41 Plymouth went home yesterday and we are back to normal cars again ( except for a '71 Jag V12 that had to have a fuel pump and oil filter ordered in). It's fun hunting stuff down for the older cars, it just sucks waiting on parts and/or repairs we can't do here.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    LMAO. I am in the same boat. I have two pair of Keen work boots I bought for the non-slip soles. They worked decent but the soles are too soft and are cut up from walking on grates.
    I need some new walkin shoes as well as work boots... No spit, my walkin shoes are coming up on 10 years old or so... So hard to find something that fits and I can stand the look of... Not a whole of lot of options for a size 15 out there... I get about 2 years out of work boots and they are do for replacing.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I need some new walkin shoes as well as work boots... No spit, my walkin shoes are coming up on 10 years old or so... So hard to find something that fits and I can stand the look of... Not a whole of lot of options for a size 15 out there... I get about 2 years out of work boots and they are do for replacing.

Damn....Size 15??? Until I started working where I do now, I wore the same shoes all the time ( it was clean in the stores) but always traded off between two pair. I have worn Merrell or Keen hiking type boots because they aren't crazy colored and are pretty comfortable.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Damn....Size 15??? Until I started working where I do now, I wore the same shoes all the time ( it was clean in the stores) but always traded off between two pair. I have worn Merrell or Keen hiking type boots because they aren't crazy colored and are pretty comfortable.
    I know..... I'm a freak....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Glad you all think that's funny.... I still have to find shoes that fit...

Sir:

Size 15 with a normal width is a cakewalk for someone who needs 5E or 6E width. I wear 11.5 5E or 10 (maybe 9.5) 6E.

Of course, both of us are going to have trouble using the pedals in a hotrod with out hitting both or all three at the same time! <--- back on topic

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sir:

Size 15 with a normal width is a cakewalk for someone who needs 5E or 6E width. I wear 11.5 5E or 10 (maybe 9.5) 6E.

Of course, both of us are going to have trouble using the pedals in a hotrod with out hitting both or all three at the same time! <--- back on topic
    You're more knowledge about shoes than I, I tend to not obsess over them... They either fit or they don't and they are either ugly or not. Nothing else matters to me. :):

I'm ok wearing normal shows to drive, I usually always have to take my boots off... I like driving barefoot anyway.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well.....turns out the after market aluminum radiator I put into the 64 has the top hos pipe on the drivers side not the passengers as the original one did.
    I did get the right bottom hose but no pre-formed top hose available after searching all the available stock at the go to parts store.......:(

Have to settle for a flex offering at exactly 2wice the price of the formed hose.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Well.....turns out the after market aluminum radiator I put into the 64 has the top hos pipe on the drivers side not the passengers as the original one did.
    I did get the right bottom hose but no pre-formed top hose available after searching all the available stock at the go to parts store.......:(

Have to settle for a flex offering at exactly 2wice the price of the formed hose.

Did you have them break out the paper catalog?

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Yup........These are old school parts people. Maybe 1 millennial behind the counter and he knows his way around.
    We went through every formed hose they had and nothing came close enough.

That sucks. We ran across one hose I had to find an original NOS hose for. All of the new hoses had the bends in the wrong places.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well, Bigfoot ordered shoes this morning. Decided there is nothing out there I like more than what I've been wearing for 10 years and since I know they fit, ordered them. Changed the coloring up just a tad. Going from all black to black with white stripes, I'll call them racing stripes. :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom