Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exactly! I'm over trailer queens. Don't care. Won't even bother looking at them anymore.

To each their own.

I am not really excited to see another over restored 60 camaro RS/SS but I do appreciate the effort that goes into one.

It is obvious when one rolls around that was restored a few years ago and not all that well done. That seems to be to prevalent anymore.

It takes time/patience/skills/serious money to do one correctly as you know my friend.

To many wanna be's pushing the profit margin and flooding the market with crap.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    To each their own.

I am not really excited to see another over restored 60 camaro RS/SS but I do appreciate the effort that goes into one.

It is obvious when one rolls around that was restored a few years ago and not all that well done. That seems to be to prevalent anymore.

It takes time/patience/skills/serious money to do one correctly as you know my friend.

To many wanna be's pushing the profit margin and flooding the market with crap.
    I agree with this. I appriciate the effort and work that goes into them, but unless they are driven like the factory originally intended, I won't take more than a walk by it while I admire the paint work...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I think there's a difference between having a trailer queen and appreciating automotive history. I agree with you guys that leaving a car under wraps isn't my thing, but at the same time, I'd feel sick if I flung cobra #1 into a guardrail. I'm more of a sucker for history I guess.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I think there's a difference between having a trailer queen and appreciating automotive history. I agree with you guys that leaving a car under wraps isn't my thing, but at the same time, I'd feel sick if I flung cobra #1 into a guardrail. I'm more of a sucker for history I guess.
    I love the history too, but I like to see the history move. I wouldn't be afraid to take anything out and run it the way it was meant to run. Just think about HEMI under glass, yes it sucks, but add it to the story. Rebuild it and move on.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I haven't been... I don't want a muscle truck. I don't know what I want.

o.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Cobra #1 is a completely separate issue.....:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I think it's in another stratosphere, even compared to something like Hemi-Under-Glass. That's like Holy Grail stuff right there. I'm trying to think of something to compare it to. Maybe one of the original GT40's that won LeMans?

Pretty close to the same thing.

That car was my all time favorite from day 1.
    The profile of the 40 is still awe inspiring in my heart and soul.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom