• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I also like watching stuff like radial vs world type races. It's pretty darn cool whatching mustangs and cameros etc running on like 315 or 275 series drag radials running 4.20s- 4.40s @ 170+ mph in the 1/8th mile.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I also like watching stuff like radial vs world type races. It's pretty darn cool whatching mustangs and cameros etc running on like 315 or 275 series drag radials running 4.20s- 4.40s @ 170+ mph in the 1/8th mile.

The technology is amazing.
    The ECU's and other systems that allow these numbers boggles my mind.
    Growing up a stick racer with just 3 peddles and a line lock to deal with the transition to ET electronics and an automatic was a steep learning curve.
    Anybody that thinks getting the car prepped/staged/and making a successful run in Super Pro (or even Pro) is easy.......Ha

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Churchmouse. Very true the technology is just insane. 20yrs agao who would thought you would need a lap top to tune a carbureted motor? I wouldn't have. And no there is nothing easy about it. Don't know what electronics are allowed in pro/ super pro. Now there's digital ignitions, data loggers, power adder controlers, air shifters, not tomention fuel injection...and some cars have all these things. There's a point when you don't really have much of any down time between rounds. It can be crazy

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Speaking of old school drag racing, my mom throws stuff out regularly and sometimes without any idea of what it is. She went through an old lock box that had some of my dad's stuff in it. I rescued these if only because as a toddler, I broke the trophy dad won ( so he told me years ago). This was with a '67 Chevelle 396 at IRP during the spectator drags. Nothing really special, just some nostalgia and when I can find the picture of him, the car, and intact trophy, I will scan and post it.

f3pnIgm.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Here's kind of a rare truck. Beau James special edition. GM had a bunch of different special editions on these late 70s early 80s square bodies.

1975 gmc southern full sized truck

Is that a 3/4 ton? If it was a half ton, I bet my husband would be interested in it. We were sort of half way looking for something to replace my '88. I'm almost afraid to do it with something too nice though because I won't want to drive it in the salt and I don't need another summer driver. That's the same body style as our '78 but it is very rusted out and currently has a huge bee hive under the dash. I am not getting back in that thing until about January....one got me on the upper lip the last time we used the truck. I ended up in a lawn chair on the back going down the road. Beverly Hillbillies has nothing on us! We were just going down to the neighbor's house to cut down a tree limb that was hitting his garage roof so it wasn't far, but I did get a couple of funny looks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom